From here to Paternity

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Watched this episode recently and noticed that at the start of the episode Alan Bell used the same spot he used for a couple of scenes we did for the Cooper & Walsh demo video's, in fact after being there it appears this field must of been another of Alan's favourite spots for filming as I have spotted it being used in many episodes

I think your are right Pearl, plus spots that attracted less attention, being tucked away and only the locals would know they were there,even down to cost at times,maybe this farmers field,which never seems to be used for much,was cheap or even free

To me though locations are key to ensure that the show kept its identity and the "feel" of the show remained constant throughout . When they shot in the fields and out in the country you do get the feel that it is Yorkshire . I cannot give you reasons why , it just is! With all his experience Alan Bell trusted his intuition and always chose well.

To me though locations are key to ensure that the show kept its identity and the "feel" of the show remained constant throughout . When they shot in the fields and out in the country you do get the feel that it is Yorkshire . I cannot give you reasons why , it just is! With all his experience Alan Bell trusted his intuition and always chose well.

Yes, Yorkshire looks and feels like no other place on earth. Last spring I spent a couple of weeks in and around Sedbergh, which was in the West Riding of Yorkshire until it landed in Cumbria when the counties were reshuffled in the '70s. The area definitely looks and feels like Yorkshire, and no government decree can ever make it really belong elsewhere.

Back