Full Steam behind Big Fire tonight Video Update

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I see there is a big fire raging in Springhead Mill,Ebor Lane,Haworth,Ebor lane was seen in this episode as the trio first walked down to the railway bridge and the steam loco passed beneath, the mill could also be seen in the background,it was still in use and I hope they can save it, Terry

Here was a video taken of last nights fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4QS8oznIxM

Re: Full Steam behind Big Fire tonight

I watched that episode last night....
15.gif

Have returned to the area after a few days away and found about this: quite a devastating fire. The mill building is still smouldering this afternoon with a lot of people parking up to look at the scene. Certainly the top three floors of the mill are a shell and I suspect that a lot has crashwed down into the lower floors.

I know a few people who work for Airedale Springs whose name appears on the side of the mill who will have some concern for their jobs - although how much of the mill was used by them is unclear. I had the impression that parts of it were empty.

The Telegraph & Argus website reports that the firm's future was now in doubt.

I think back when Google Streetview finally stretched to that location and I did some looking at it, I think the mill was in the middle of waiting for a buyer? Unless, I was confused with another mill in that location, I wondered if that might've been the reason for the fire till the last post mentioning people wondering about their jobs. Such a shame. Another piece of interesting scenery used by the show.

Sadly I read today that the entire mill is being demolished next week, due to the structure being unsafe,Terry

Back