Happy Ladies

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
I think the ladies get a bad rap for being miserable all the time so I think we should name all the times we see them happy or smiling.

(To be honest if I was married to Howard I'd be now well into my 15 year stretch let alone be miserable but thats just me being cheerful :12:)

So I'll go first.

In Defeat Of The Stone Worm Pearl smiles when howard falls down the stairs.

Yes Dick and John I'm aware it will be a short list but give it a go anyway! ! :46:

Last edited:
Don't they all burst out laughing at the end of the coffee morning when Pearl tells them about Howard and the blonde wig??

The ladies all stand smiling as Foggy walks by stuck in the waste bin . This is after Ivy has a good laugh about it in the café. ;D

Another Norah smile was when Alvin went " over the side ".After he had tried to do his one man band on roller blades. :o

In Foggy Up A Fir Tree
Nora and Ivy sound like there having a gay old time removing Compos trousers in the kitchen.

I can't think of any more. They're much more fun when they are 'Ballyragging' and character assassinating and generally being unpleasant, doing what ladies do best :me:

In "Small Tune on a Penny Wassail" Ivy seems pretty happy when she gets her sleep teddy from Sid on Boxing day.

Norah often has a little smile to herself about some action of Compo's, usually just after telling himoff for being daft.

They all smiled and laughed through Edie's window at Compo's messenger uniform. Love those curtains. And in Small Tune . . Norah grins appreciatively at a cake she puts on a serving plate.

I think the ladies get a bad wrap for being miserable all the time so I think we should name all the times we see them happy or smiling.

(To be honest if I was married to Howard I'd be now well into my 15 year stretch let alone be miserable but thats just me being cheerful :12:)

So I'll go first.

In Defeat Of The Stone Worm Pearl smiles when howard falls down the stairs.

Yes Dick and John I'm aware it will be a short list but give it a go anyway! ! :46:

Not to put a fine point on things, a bad wrap only occurs when messing up when wrapping a Christmas present.

Nora and Ivy are smiling when Compo sings "Nora's Back in Town" in The Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti.

Back