Has-been Hobdyke?

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this on an interweb feed earlier, it's from a red top paper so I do take it with a pinch of salt, but if true it's sad. He says his shows aren't rerun these days but his LOTSW episodes certainly are.....

He also has a home in Barbados and spends some time with Cliff Richard there so perhaps not the end of the world. His work in the 80's was sketch comedy and you rarely see many reruns of the other big stars such as The Two Ronnies or Larry Grayson even Harry Enfield & Chums isn't repeated as much as old sitcoms. Perhaps this type of humour doesn't date so well.

I watched Russ when they were filming and he was very entertaining during filming breaks. I like other members on the forum lived during probably the best era for TV comedy, most nights on either mainstream TV was a decent comedy, weekend TV was always worth a watch, but then reality shows appeared, cheap to make and with so many channels appearing they needed something to fill the many hours now available.
Our main broadcaster does not need to compete with commercial channels due to the way the public fund them, and it shows most days with the endless repeats, all the decent comedy they keep for the other channels they own or part own,which in most cases you have to pay extra to watch, this is on top of the licence fee.

It was disappointing when they binned Boomers had a strong cast including Russ really funny but for whatever reason Auntie decided not to renew not sure it is seen on Gold so left in essence with series 30 and 31 of LOTSW to witness Russ on TV .

Back