Hello from Me and Bob

Hi everybody. My name's Drew and I'm a long time Last of the Summer Wine fan. Over the last year or so, however, my fandom has become a little more... intense. Along with my friend Bob Fischer I now write and maintain a website called www.SummerWinos.co.uk. Our mission? To watch and review every episode of the show in chronological order. So far, we're up to series six (Although we've only posted series four on the website so far) and have no desire to slow down at all.

I hope this doesn't come across as me registering solely in order to make a blatant plug. One of the nicest thing about our journey so far has been the fact that we've built up a loyal group of followers who have joined us on our travels. This forum strikes me as the best place to reach out to more like-minded winos and I genuinely look forward to getting to know this place better.

Welcome aboard - I have just looked at your blog. Some interesting thoughts and some of your questions may well find answers here.

Hi Andrew, welcome aboard! I like your discussions on the blog, I must say! I like to read how people interprete the episodes, I´ll go on reading there.

Welcome to you and Bob, has a teetotaler the thought of becoming a wino intrigues me :)

Thanks for the continued welcome guys. I'm afraid we've stalled a bit at the moment as I have a book to finish and Bob is busy with his radio show, but we have notes on all of series five so there WILL be more. We're just not sure when!

I found your site a couple of weeks ago and it'e been on my favourites list ever sincs. Nice work.

Thanks chaps, that means a lot to us. Real life has gotten in the way of updates lately, but I hope to get some new content up soon and we'll always try to respond to any comments left on the individual posts. Make sure to use the subscribe feature if you'd like to know when more content is made available.

Back