Help needed

George

Super Moderator
I was wondering if you sharp eyed and knowledgable people could help
me.
In the end credits of several episodes there are names of actors but
no real clue to who they were in the episode.I have tried watching each episode almost frame by frame but to no avail.
Big Day At Dream Acres;
Barry Axup (He was also credited in What's Santa Bought For Nora Then?)
Andy Fenn-Rogers
Mark Gerald
Colin Robins
Terry Waddington
In 'By the Magnificent Thighs of Ernie Burniston' there is a Tony
Kerry credited as Mr Deakin.Was he, as Big Unc suggested,the man accosted
by Foggy at the bus stop.The big man who lifted Compo up to see if
Foggy and Clegg were in the cafe (Both of these had speaking parts),or
was it Ernie Burniston?

This episode is on Yesterday tomorrow, so will see if I can work it out.

I was wondering if you sharp eyed and knowledgable people could help
me.
In the end credits of several episodes there are names of actors but
no real clue to who they were in the episode.I have tried watching each episode almost frame by frame but to no avail.
Big Day At Dream Acres;
Barry Axup (He was also credited in What's Santa Bought For Nora Then?)
Andy Fenn-Rogers
Mark Gerald
Colin Robins
Terry Waddington
In 'By the Magnificent Thighs of Ernie Burniston' there is a Tony
Kerry credited as Mr Deakin.Was he, as Big Unc suggested,the man accosted
by Foggy at the bus stop.The big man who lifted Compo up to see if
Foggy and Clegg were in the cafe (Both of these had speaking parts),or
was it Ernie Burniston?
??? GEORGE, IT OCCURRED TO ME THAT MAYBE THESE NAMES (OR SOME OF THEM) COULD BE ALIAS'S. LIKE RONNIE BARKER USED THE NAME GERALD WILEY FOR HIS SHOWS , WHEN HE WROTE HIS OWN SKETCHES. PROBABLY NOT BUT I HOPE YOU CAN FIND OUT. ???

I have had a look at some of these names and they all appear to be their real acting names

Terry Waddington has appeared in All Creatures Great and Small episodes 'If Wishes Were Horses' and 'The Hair of the Dog' as a character called Mr Weeting
Barry Axup-appears in Crums as well apparently
Andy Fenn Rogers-has apparently appeared in a Brideshead revisited episode 'a Blow upon a Bruise' and as a Patrol officer in the series Threads.

If you are familiar with these shows or have them on DVD perhaps these names would pin point these actors characters in LOTSW.

I would imagine that Tony Kerry is the chap at the bus stop, I doubt if the big man would have been Mr Deakin and Ernie Burniston is obviously not going to be called Mr Deakin.

Hope the information is of some help.

I have had a look at some of these names and they all appear to be their real acting names

Terry Waddington has appeared in All Creatures Great and Small episodes 'If Wishes Were Horses' and 'The Hair of the Dog' as a character called Mr Weeting
Barry Axup-appears in Crums as well apparently
Andy Fenn Rogers-has apparently appeared in a Brideshead revisited episode 'a Blow upon a Bruise' and as a Patrol officer in the series Threads.

If you are familiar with these shows or have them on DVD perhaps these names would pin point these actors characters in LOTSW.

I would imagine that Tony Kerry is the chap at the bus stop, I doubt if the big man would have been Mr Deakin and Ernie Burniston is obviously not going to be called Mr Deakin.

Hope the information is of some help.

That's excellent and thank you for giving up your time to help. I really appreciate it.I'll try and find the episodes you mentioned and see if I can nail these actors down.

By watching the relevant episode of Brideshead Revisited I am pretty sure that Andy Fenn-Rogers was Tony Capstick's police colleague when they pulled Compo and the donkey over in Big Day at Dream Acres

That's one down :)

I'm glad to know that my information wasn't completely useless :)

Back