Holmfirth Folk Festival.

Pete.

Dedicated Member
It's the Holmfirth Folk Festival on Friday 6th,Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th May,there are street entertainers and dancers,bands,and the Duck race,amongst other things,I'll be going one of the days,I'll post a few photos,theres still a lovely,friendly community atmosphere whenever you go there.

Thanks in advance Pete for the Photographs it sounds like a great day for young and old . If you see some oversized Mallards in the race it will just be Howard and Marina in costume thinking they've really cracked it this time . If you see someone dressed like the guy below but with owl glasses don't be alarmed its only Pearl in disguise but I would alert Cooper and Walsh in case she hits the wrong Duck with a stray pot shot.

elmer.jpg

Sounds great, unfortunately I am at another event that wek-end so unable to visit which is a shame as Holmfirth is less than an hour away from me.

Sounds great, unfortunately I am at another event that wek-end so unable to visit which is a shame as Holmfirth is less than an hour away from me.
That's a shame Barmpot,think it will be a good weekend,I think they're allowing camping as well at the Sands recreation ground,I think the Duck race will be over the weekend like last year and I'm only able to go on the Friday,most of the bands and dancers and events are free and are spread out all over the town,but some are ticket events,and fortunately the very duo I want to see are playing in the Church next to Sids café at 7.30 pm on the Friday,I'v bought two tickets for me and Diane my wife to see them,they're called Josienne Clarke and Ben Walker,and their song Silverline,which you can see on youtube is one of my favourite songs to relax to.I'll put some photos up if I can.

Thanks in advance Pete for the Photographs it sounds like a great day for young and old . If you see some oversized Mallards in the race it will just be Howard and Marina in costume thinking they've really cracked it this time . If you see someone dressed like the guy below but with owl glasses don't be alarmed its only Pearl in disguise but I would alert Cooper and Walsh in case she hits the wrong Duck with a stray pot shot.

View attachment 1040
Haha you are so funny captain,I'll look out for two big yellow Ducks being chased by an irate woman !
duck2_zps0oa0m0cf.jpg

Back