How Not to Cry at Weddings lookback

Onslow

Dedicated Member
I think this is one of the episodes I've studied the most. As a series finale it was a dissatisfying mess. However there were still plenty of closures and (at least one) reconciliation among the characters. What were your favorite sub-plots in this episode?

Harmony.......I think it was a fitting closure.
Everyone seemed contented....
The dialogue between Howard and Pearl is a truly beautiful piece of writing by Roy...the way Howard explained [as only Howard could !!!] that he knew he would always be okay after he married Pearl...there was genuine love and respect in his outpourings.
We can all watch and "hope" that everyone who was looking for love,companionship,laughter,and belonging found it......it was a genius [yet again] from Roy.....he made us all feel "complete".......
We never wanted OUR SHOW to end... and we would never be able to agree on a pefect "final episode"....but I feel that everyone seemed genuinely happy on that coach as it passed us along the road......and who is more fitting to finish the dialogue than the glue that held it all together for all those years...NORMAN CLEGG ESQ !!!!!!.
X!

I was so lucky to be on set with all these wonderful folk in the final episode, plus a glimpse of me in the background in the pub
Great stuff.

When you were there, were people talking about it being the last ever episode, or not?

Great stuff.

When you were there, were people talking about it being the last ever episode, or not?
I never heard it mentioned over the last few days, though looking back there was a hint of something during the night filming at Hobbo's house, he said something odd about leaving the empty milk bottles out for the last time, but Alan Bell said no

Talking of Alan Bell, does anyone know what happened to him I know he's still alive but I never heard anything more about him after LOTSW?

Back