How Odd

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered a neck fan off Temu on Thursday, it turned up today via Amazon, who also sell the same one, but at an extra £8
Very impressed so far in keeping cool when it's hot

My daughter bought me one for my birthday but I think she got it from Poundstretcher.
I'd be careful of mechanical stuff from Temu but I do use it all the time for craft supplies.

I thought Temu stuff was shipped from China.
To be honest Roger very little does not come from China no matter where you buy it, it did state it was shipped locally, so I guess they store some of their goods at Amazon.

Other stuff I have bought does take about a week to arrive

My daughter bought me one for my birthday but I think she got it from Poundstretcher.
I'd be careful of mechanical stuff from Temu but I do use it all the time for craft supplies.
Some of the stuff they sell is junk and you do have to be careful, but to be fair to them when I have received something not up to what the advert states, they have just accepted this and refunded my money and I have not had to return the goods, I guess upto a certain value it is not cost effective.
I have also compared the same item on Amazon which is identical and cost at least 50% more

I wish all manufacturers would specify which in which province their factories are located. One of the provinces uses slave labor because the population is a different ethnicity and religion to the rest of the country. I avoid Chinese-made products as much as possible because of that.

Some of the stuff they sell is junk and you do have to be careful, but to be fair to them when I have received something not up to what the advert states, they have just accepted this and refunded my money and I have not had to return the goods, I guess upto a certain value it is not cost effective.
I have also compared the same item on Amazon which is identical and cost at least 50% more
I find that with a lot of Chinese companies, they want good feedback plus it would cost them a fortune to get it back.

I wish all manufacturers would specify which in which province their factories are located. One of the provinces uses slave labor because the population is a different ethnicity and religion to the rest of the country. I avoid Chinese-made products as much as possible because of that.
Hear, Hear! I've started to try and buy locally manufactured goods for the same reasons. I appreciate not everyone can afford to do this, but a case in point I've recently bought a new oak unit for my hifi. Took a while for me to find a UK manufactured one, but managed to find one and it was made in Huddersfield of all places :D I'm really pleased with the quality and it also has that lovely smell of a sawmill!

The last Chinese item I bought off eBay, I had a later warning from eBay that it contained a dangerous laser and should be disposed of ASAP as they've discovered it doesn't meet UK safety regulations. Equally unhelpfully they've asked me to take it with the seller and bear no responsibility for this.....

Bought a new phone case, it arrived Friday, this is how it looks today. Yes I've requested a return. I know you get what you pay for but 3 days is a bit much. I'm going for a leather one that's 3 times the price but it's made in the UK.

Attachments

• IMG-20240722-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240722-WA0003.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2
Bought a new phone case, it arrived Friday, this is how it looks today. Yes I've requested a return. I know you get what you pay for but 3 days is a bit much. I'm going for a leather one that's 3 times the price but it's made in the UK.
And as leather ages it acquires patina, so you can go on using it. Pleather just looks cheap and worn.

Back