Howard, Billy and Alvin.

Philbo

Good morning,

Thanks for having us on the forum. We were wondering if there was any mention of what these characters did before they retired.

Many thanks :smile:.

As far as I know the only thing ever mentioned about Howard was that he had been in the power industry. Billy supposedly worked for a Volvo dealer, if I understand correctly. Not sure about Alvin.

Howard Billy and Alvin

Whatever it was you can guarantee when he introduced himself it would be preceded with " I'm Alvin ......" for example I'm Alvin Lego assembler or I'm Alvin Fortune Teller . Given his constant mishaps in any number of episodes perhaps I'm Alvin Crash Test Dummy is most appropriate position he could have held.

Howard, Billy and Alvin

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps Alvin really did make a career as "Alvin - lover of women". :rolleyes:
I really enjoy the way Roy Clarke leaves us little tid bits of a characters life, sometimes it's just a passing comment, but it does fill out a character.

Whilst watching the episode some vans can make you deaf. It is mentioned that Howard was a delivery driver for Kendalls Bakery during the war. Hope this is useful for the thread.

Howard,Billy and Alvin

There is an episode during an atypical ear-wagging from Pearl that he alludes to being the envy of many men during the war because he had resourced rubber when it was in short supply and so used it to repair the tyres of many a damsel in distress sorry I cannot recall the episode name but sure someone will

There is an episode during an atypical ear-wagging from Pearl that he alludes to being the envy of many men during the war because he had resourced rubber when it was in short supply and so used it to repair the tyres of many a damsel in distress sorry I cannot recall the episode name but sure someone will

I've watched this on TV in the last week or so but senior moment strikes , I cant remember for the life of me which is the title!! :39: ???

Billy spent so much time touting and emulating his ancestor, Robin Hood, that there was hardly a need to contemplate his former occupation. I can't see him selling Volvo's as he would have probably flattened all of the tires during arrow shooting practice.

Back