Howard not cleaning the windows today

That's got me thinking, Alan Bell was always ahead of his time with filming methods, ie they were filming in HD before it gained widespread adoption. If the series was still going today I wonder if drone cameras would have been used?

That's got me thinking, Alan Bell was always ahead of his time with filming methods, ie they were filming in HD before it gained widespread adoption. If the series was still going today I wonder if drone cameras would have been used?
I think drones would have been helpful for the far-off establishing shots of the trio as they contemplated their next adventure. Perhaps a slow orbital tracking them along a rural road or hillside. Certainly something keeping up with one of the men at close range as he barreled down a slope. Or the ladies in the Triumph? The possibilities would be endless and complementary to the episode format as long as that type of filming wasn't overused.

I was tempted to use drone footage in my documentary, but I decided against it - not because of cost - but I wanted to shoot and edit the videos in the "Summer Wine" style we are all familiar with. Yes, that does include dramatic changes in weather in different locations in adjacent scenes!
It also appears Holmfirth is very much a no fly zone area because of Manchester airport

Back