Iconic

This is a singular location but the show is iconic in my eyes . It's the Likely Lads and a famous episode is when they bet each other they can recover their youth by cycling from Newcastle to Berwick if you haven't seen it there's all sorts of cheating and japes but in the end they realise they are too far past doing it . The irony of the picture and reality is that it shows Terry having had a couple of pints trying to hitch a lift but the Pub , The Robin Hood is actually on the old military road that goes from Heddon , west of Newcastle onward to Carlisle [replaced in the main by the A69 dual carriageway] and most definitely not the road you would take to Berwick which is North of Newcastle not West.

IMG_6627.JPG

IMG_6626.JPG

NB If anyone is ever travelling that way I can recommend the Robin Hood for food it is excellent and I believe they also do B and B

This is a singular location but the show is iconic in my eyes . It's the Likely Lads and a famous episode is when they bet each other they can recover their youth by cycling from Newcastle to Berwick if you haven't seen it there's all sorts of cheating and japes but in the end they realise they are too far past doing it . The irony of the picture and reality is that it shows Terry having had a couple of pints trying to hitch a lift but the Pub , The Robin Hood is actually on the old military road that goes from Heddon , west of Newcastle onward to Carlisle [replaced in the main by the A69 dual carriageway] and most definitely not the road you would take to Berwick which is North of Newcastle not West.

View attachment 7234

View attachment 7235

NB If anyone is ever travelling that way I can recommend the Robin Hood for food it is excellent and I believe they also do B and B
I've driven down that road but never realised it was from that episode. Huge Likely Lads fan.

Holmfirth has recently been named as the 3rd most iconic TV location to visit behind a castle in Pride and Preduce and some places used in the Children's series Balamory. For me Holmfirth is no 1 for iconic status . What other locations should make the list.
At least Holmfirth made it in to the list. I suspect a few people would *still* prefer the town not to have that notoriety! :rolleyes:

Back