Just for Me2

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
GCake.jpg10472796_10204356151451028_1963492034_o.jpg Georges pictures that I have found in my "archives" :me:

One was his avatar , the other was a cake that Terry made for Georges birthday once.:42:

Amazing that its nearly a year that George left us. He was a good guy. I still look at his jokes and rolled up. As with the rest of you he would have helped during my illness.

I am really sorry to find that George passed away - I had no idea. I saw the picture of the cake and a comment about being almost a year, mistakenly thought they referred to his upcoming birthday. I am new around here and remember seeing his avatar pic and comments in some of the older threads that I browsed recently. I just naturally assumed he was still alive.

I know I only posted that it was a great looking cake. Had I known that this is a remembrance thread I would have been much more respectful of the tone behind it. Not having had the honor of knowing George as a friend as you all have, sounds like he was a very nice person and will be missed. I just hope I have not tarnished the sentiment this thread is meant to have. I did not mean to be the clumsy stranger who has stumbled into a personal moment among close friends.

My apologies,
Rick

amos - sorry to hear you have been ill, hope you are well soon.

No apologies needed Rick. George was a dear friend but he wouldn't want to cause anyone any trouble. We miss him and the photo's were intended to bring a smile not a frown. As Pearl's post said, its almost a year since he passed and we were trying to remember him by adding a few jokes .I found the photo's and thought I'd share them. They had been on my computer since before he left us .:D:respect:

I always enjoy seeing George's smiling face. It brings back many memories of the great posts he made and the joy he brought us all. I had never seen the cake before, so I'm glad to add that to my memory bank.

Back