Last of the series polls posted

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
We are up to the final series in the voting,when these close we will have a specials poll,followed by a poll of polls to find the top 31 episodes,plus the top 5 specials,please get voting

We are up to the final series in the voting,when these close we will have a specials poll,followed by a poll of polls to find the top 31 episodes,plus the top 5 specials,please get voting

I presume the poll of Specials is still to come, (though we have had at least one thrown into the series polls). You know, I could not be bothered selecting in Series #30 and #31. The Hobbo years just did nothing for me.

I presume the poll of Specials is still to come, (though we have had at least one thrown into the series polls). You know, I could not be bothered selecting in Series #30 and #31. The Hobbo years just did nothing for me.

In repeating some of my thoughts from a few years back, I partially agree with Big Unc. The diminished roles of Clegg and Truly, along with the absence of Billy, was just too much for Summer Wine to fully overcome.

However, one particular character, Ivy, stands out to me as very strong in the Hobbo years. I think of her as the glue that helped hold the show together during these two years.

Having said all of this, the more I watch the Hobbo years, the more I gain appreciation for them. I am one that believes if Summer Wine could have kept going, there could have been some character adjustments and Russ Abbott could have kept going strong.

Thats good I'm looking forward to that ;D

I know which 2 I'll be voting for already ;)

Back