Loxley Lozenge.

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
I am hoping someone will agree with me on this, so I don't have to worry about imagining things. The second time Wesley tows the car out of the farmyard (after it rolls back into the wall) there appears to be a rope holding the Loxley to the Land(y) When they get to the road there appears to be some sort of rigid fastening (tow bar??) not just the rope. I hope I am not wrong! :confused:

Presumably not meant to be noticed by the average viewer!

Watched it yesterday, though didn't notice that.

Possibly the rigid tow bar more desirable from a technical point of view as regarding to safety and the making of the programme.

Why not just use the tow bar and forget about the tow rope??

Somehow tow ropes are funnier in comedy...

The boys looked very comfortable and happy being towed by Wesley when sat on the settee who was the artist they landed up watching?

I am hoping someone will agree with me on this, so I don't have to worry about imagining things. The second time Wesley tows the car out of the farmyard (after it rolls back into the wall) there appears to be a rope holding the Loxley to the Land(y) When they get to the road there appears to be some sort of rigid fastening (tow bar??) not just the rope. I hope I am not wrong! :confused:
Hi Dick, I brought this up some time ago on a different thread. Once you have noticed it makes you wonder how you never noticed it before.

Presumably not meant to be noticed by the average viewer!

Watched it yesterday, though didn't notice that.

Possibly the rigid tow bar more desirable from a technical point of view as regarding to safety and the making of the programme.

Why not just use the tow bar and forget about the tow rope??

Somehow tow ropes are funnier in comedy...
Also note that the weather suddenly changed which meant that a period of time elapsed in the filming. Probably the tow rope scene was already in the can and someone wisely came up with the tow bar.

Last edited:
Odd thing is, on the first two pulls, when using the rope, it's really
wet and rainy. On the last pull, using what looks like a bar of some sort,
the road is dry!

I think with us avid watchers, watching episodes time after time, all of a sudden you spot things you have never seen before, I was watching Flag and further snags, and noticed as the Rolls drives up the lane, just for a second you see the mic boom shadow on the car

Back