Marina on pointless

• Thread starter Thread starter gill
  • Start date Start date
Had not heard of the show Pointless before so the thread title kinda threw me. Jean looks like she is doing well.

I also notice that Vicki Michelle from Allo Allo is in the show picture. Good to see her around as well. I'm a fan of her and that show too.

Rick,

The show is a quiz where the object is to give an answer with the lowest score , the couple with the highest score in each round are eliminated . As the name suggests you are looking for an answer that none of the people , asked to provide answers for the questions, gave in response . In the last round the couple have to provide a pointless answer to win the prize . Monday to Friday is normally for Joe Public , on Saturday the show is for Celebs and it is usually a theme , this one is obviously for well known sitcoms and comedy shows .

As you say we have Jean, Vicki Michelle from Allo Allo , Hugh Dennis from Outnumbered , Pauline McLynn from Father Ted and Adil Ray from Citizen Khan . Charlie Higson from The Fast Show , Tina Malone from Shameless and Richard Gibson [Herr Flick] from Allo Allo would be Pointless answers from viewing the photograph because they have changed so much in appearance !!

Oh my! I completely missed Pauline from Father Ted and Richard from Allo Allo in the picture at first glance. I was distracted by thoughts of flying helmets, wet celery and egg whisks :).

As you say, they have changed a bit. Pauline was made up to look unattractive as the tea lady / house keeper. Herr Flick had the serious face / scowl, not used to seeing him with a smile. Thanks captain.

So I am well and truly lost here. The only one in the picture
who could possibly (!!!) be Marina is the second from the
left, and she does not look at all like the Marina I remember.

Hello Gill. I don't watch Pointless as I've never really understood the aim of the game. Thanks for explaining Captain and for pointing out all the actors. There's several in the picture I wouldn't have recognised especially 'Herr Flick'!

Jean 'Marina' looks good.

So I am well and truly lost here. The only one in the picture
who could possibly (!!!) be Marina is the second from the left, and she does not look at all like the Marina I remember.

That's the one! She's looking good, especially given that she's in her early 70s.

Just watched it she did indeed look on edge . I was even more surprised by Tina Malone , running a school for prospective performers ,including teaching them how to act in Shakespeare plays, I would never have thought of her as someone who was so diverse , in terms of her craft . It was not a stunning performance by them given words are a major facet of their work but I suppose it was the pressure of being put on the spot and playing for charity .

Back