Mis-cast actors in Last of the Summer Wine

wstol

Dedicated Member
Partly inspired by a current topic about top stars appearing in LOTSW, here's your chance to list the ACTORS who appeared who were mis-cast or seemed uncomfortable in their roles. In most cases this will probably apply to guest stars.

Already touched on in the other topic was George Chakiris in Extra Extra. What was he doing in this programme?? To be fair, he had a weak script to work with.

Anita Dobson was quite awful as a pub customer being shown Compo's matchbox.

I was a little disappointed with Hywel Bennet's appearance, but then again he's funniest when he's adopting his Shelley persona.

Also, I thought Mark Curry's character may have been better.

Any suggestions?

Len Lowe as a Policeman difficult to see him in any role , I expect to view him with his hand up Basil Brush the puppet's behind shouting "Boom Boom" not " Evening all , Hello , Hello, Hello what have we here ! ":me:

I believe there is an old thread discussing Tom Owen, but I was never impressed with Tom's acting talent or his character. The entire living in a bus thing seemed out of place and not connected to me. Once he found a niche in Aunties shop as a double act with Smiler, he was at his best.

Back