Missing in action

WellyMan

Dedicated Member
A few weeks ago we switched over from landline broadband to a 4G router due to moving to a rural area. Since then I couldn't access this forum and just discovered it was due to default content blocking on my new account. I've now unblocked it, but was wondering if others ever had this issue? I can't imagine what would have made this site seem dodgy, and no other forum or website I've tried to visit had the same problem.

A few weeks ago we switched over from landline broadband to a 4G router due to moving to a rural area. Since then I couldn't access this forum and just discovered it was due to default content blocking on my new account. I've now unblocked it, but was wondering if others ever had this issue? I can't imagine what would have made this site seem dodgy, and no other forum or website I've tried to visit had the same problem.
Nice to see you back WellyMan, so you are in the same county as me glad to hear you can get 4G, we only got decent 4g coverage 5 months ago when o2 put a mast in the village

Nice to see you back WellyMan . I just tested this with my phone on 4G [I'm with EE] and it initially took me to the EE page to unblock the content but I didn't go through the steps and when I retry it says it cannot establish a secure connection which suggests a breakdown in the SSL handshake possibly the certificate exchange . I am sure we have been through this before but its probably something for Tony to comment on why providers don't see the site as secure . I have Virgin WiFi and they didn't bat an eyelid when I turned it back on connected no issue ,no surprise there then.

Nice to see you back WellyMan . I just tested this with my phone on 4G [I'm with EE] and it initially took me to the EE page to unblock the content but I didn't go through the steps and when I retry it says it cannot establish a secure connection which suggests a breakdown in the SSL handshake possibly the certificate exchange . I am sure we have been through this before but its probably something for Tony to comment on why providers don't see the site as secure . I have Virgin WiFi and they didn't bat an eyelid when I turned it back on connected no issue ,no surprise there then.

I usually read the forum on my tablet and on that it came up with an error saying page can't be reached, but when I went on the PC it took me to the EE unlock content page. Strange.

Back