Modern Day Summerwine.

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
Not sure that the beeb or anyone would get away with the close to the cuff of the old series. The Woke society of today would just throw thier toys out the pram. Anyway if you could create a series similar to Last of the Summer Wine what would your story be like and where would you locate it and most importantly who would star in it

I didn't know you cared was a similar vein and the last stab was Boomers with 6 mature actors including Hobbo and it was picking up viewers when Auntie binned it :mad: but for me I think compatible scenery i would have it set in Scotland and cast wise I'd have Gregor Fisher and Elaine C Smith as a complete reversal of Rab C and Mary Doll as laird and lady of a castle. Tony Roper [Jamsie] and Barbara Rafferty would assume similar roles to those in Rab but with twist they come into money from a lottery win and it becomes a one upmanship contest between the pairs after Tony and Barbara's acquire a nearby stately home which they tastelessly decorate in a style of people who are not born to that lifestyle .

You could filter in some uppercrust characters for example a butler and have two actors playing it straight with one devoted to the laird and lady and clearly looking down on the new wealthy couple , they themselves have a straight laced butler who treats Tony and his wife with disdain out of site but is sycophantic when it their company .

It is very off the cuff first thoughts but it is something I think could work .

I didn't know you cared was a similar vein and the last stab was Boomers with 6 mature actors including Hobbo and it was picking up viewers when Auntie binned it :mad: but for me I think compatible scenery i would have it set in Scotland and cast wise I'd have Gregor Fisher and Elaine C Smith as a complete reversal of Rab C and Mary Doll as laird and lady of a castle. Tony Roper [Jamsie] and Barbara Rafferty would assume similar roles to those in Rab but with twist they come into money from a lottery win and it becomes a one upmanship contest between the pairs after Tony and Barbara's acquire a nearby stately home which they tastelessly decorate in a style of people who are not born to that lifestyle .

You could filter in some uppercrust characters for example a butler and have two actors playing it straight with one devoted to the laird and lady and clearly looking down on the new wealthy couple , they themselves have a straight laced butler who treats Tony and his wife with disdain out of site but is sycophantic when it their company .

It is very off the cuff first thoughts but it is something I think could work .
I loved Boomers

Back