More Snow Pics #16

IF they were all still around it would be bad news for Compo because as eggs are eggs Seymour would have him dressed as Santa and up on those snowy roofs promoting Xmas for next year perhaps having him wear his latest invention guaranteed non-slip wellington boots he was going to patent . For once they worked 100% but sadly too well as Compo is stuck fast on the highest roof frozen to the bone , cue the next shot the arrival of the Fire Brigade. :)

It looks so much prettier in those photos than on my driveway and sidewalks! My area has had about 6" per night for the last three consecutive nights, so my snow removal contractor has been here on three consecutive days. I don't even want to think about his next bill!

True, but they won't come and clear the snow to your house on demand unless you live on a main route!!!

Wow you clearly get a lot of snow Marianna, I don't think there is even such an occupation as snow removal contractor in the UK!
Most of them are landscape contractors during the growing season. Private property snow removal is quite a prevalent business in this region. I used to clear mine on my own using a light-weight snow blower, finishing off the job with shovel and stiff broom, but this winter I'm trying to coax rotator cuff tears to heal, and that's exactly the wrong kind of exercise for the purpose.

Further to my previous post appears that the Scottish Government Department for snow clearance have brought some humour and good cheer to the awful weather they have been experiencing . There is an article in the Guardian today which states that they have started to name their Gritters and have provided access to an App so you can track where they are . It apparently is taking off and they have had a huge number of hits and are in the process of providing appropriate names for the rest of their fleet , Thought you might like . I decided I could name my local ones in Newcastle but only managed Sir No $£$%%^& where to be seen ! :mad:

Most of them are landscape contractors during the growing season. Private property snow removal is quite a prevalent business in this region. I used to clear mine on my own using a light-weight snow blower, finishing off the job with shovel and stiff broom, but this winter I'm trying to coax rotator cuff tears to heal, and that's exactly the wrong kind of exercise for the purpose.
You are right Marianna about your shoulder. I had rotator cuff problems nearly two years ago. After a period of rest I was given some equipment to exercise with. The snag was every time I exercised the problem came back. After a while I stopped all exercises and rested my arm for months. Very slowly the pain cleared and finally my shoulder is back to normal. Take it easy and rest your shoulder as much as possible. I can only lay on my back in bed and that is not a recommended position if you are suffering from RC. Take care Marianna. and after some time of doing this :17: , you should be able to do this :37:.

Back