Must watch this

I am guessing the later actors from LOTSW entertaining fans
on stage in a theater? Even Truly with a hair piece??

Much of the stage action interspersed with bits from the
TV shows.

I assumed it was the show being aired by the BBC to record the live audience laughter. The stars do a warm-up routine to get the audience gee'd-up, then show the programme on a screen.

No, no message, no nothing.

What was the video of? Sounds very interesting.

It the laughter recording of losw in the studios, all outakes and cast fun and games in front of the audience. Maybe you have no software on your pc to allow this to play, you will need to have adobe flash player installed

I believe the BBC used the theatre showing for a number of shows. It enabled real audience laughter to be experienced at the right places and in proportion to the funny moment. I think the indoor studio scenes were actually shot in front of an audience, rather than being shown to them on a screen (which of course HAD to be done for location shots), which allowed the actor to delay their lines until the laughter from the preceding funny moment had died down. I guess this is part of the skill of timing that actors and comedians have to learn. You can see this latter phenomenon taking place on every show, during the indoor sequences, like in the café and in the houses of the characters.

Last edited:
If I remember right, they did film the set scenes in front of a live audience for many years, capturing the audience laughter when showing them the on location scenes as well. Sometime in the early 90s they stopped doing the set scenes in front of an audience but still did bring the actors in to "warmup" the audience like we see in the film at the beginning of the thread.

Thanks for posting Onslow, I went to the Laughter Screening in 2008 at Teddington Studios it was a wonderful experience. It was effectively a variety show with some stand up and singing by the characters a truly memorable evening.

Back