Mystery Picture

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
WSTOL sent me these details and asked me to post the picture to see if anyone has any idea what the trio were promoting, the picture is not very big and on the back of the book it reads "Claim It"

Any idea's folk

Attachments

• 2710111158  Bill Owen, Frank Thornton, Peter Sallis.jpg
    2710111158 Bill Owen, Frank Thornton, Peter Sallis.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 42
That's not Frank Thornton, it's Michael Aldridge (Seymour). And what is that vehicle behind them? A truck with a half cab? Anyway that's a clue as I've never seen this sort of vehicle on any episode, but I could be wrong.

That's not Frank Thornton, it's Michael Aldridge (Seymour). And what is that vehicle behind them? A truck with a half cab? Anyway that's a clue as I've never seen this sort of vehicle on any episode, but I could be wrong.

I am absolutely clueless to the answer of the question. In response to Adanor's comments, it appears that the actors are in costume to advertise something. It certainly isn't a clip from the show.

Clue; assuming the picture is from what I think it is from, the answer can be found in Alan JW Bell's book.

Just checked Alan J W Bell's book and the pictures do not appear in there.

I suspect that the vehicle is a double decker bus of the style that went out of vogue in the 1980s although plenty still exist in Yorkshire in various museums. The colour looks as if it could be a Bradford bus and the only thing I can think of is promoting bus passes for the elderly (aqt that time the 60+ age group).

Just checked Alan J W Bell's book and the pictures do not appear in there.

I suspect that the vehicle is a double decker bus of the style that went out of vogue in the 1980s although plenty still exist in Yorkshire in various museums. The colour looks as if it could be a Bradford bus and the only thing I can think of is promoting bus passes for the elderly (aqt that time the 60+ age group).

Ah, I didn't say the picture was in the book, did I?!!

Tucked away in the book is a small piece of interesting info on a mystery 'episode' I doubt no one here has.

I think the picture relates to this...

I assume you are referring to Ernie's Pension Fund a British Rail Corporate Video filmed in 1987. It starred Michael Aldridge, Bill Owen and Peter Sallis - the ones in the picture as well as Keith Marsh. The words Claim It on the cover of the book they are holding could certainly refer to claiming the pension.
Where did you come across the picture?

I assume you are referring to Ernie's Pension Fund a British Rail Corporate Video filmed in 1987. It starred Michael Aldridge, Bill Owen and Peter Sallis - the ones in the picture as well as Keith Marsh. The words Claim It on the cover of the book they are holding could certainly refer to claiming the pension.

Got it in one.

It was from something called 'frompo', there's other LOTSW stuff on it.

With some extensive research maybe we will get to see the episode.

Alan JW Bell would be the best person to contact.

If the picture is anything to go by, it certainly looks like it's a well made mini episode, which I'm sure we'd all like to see.

The picture was on a Facebook group asking if anyone had any idea what it was about,one suggestion was it was from a missing episode,but I doubt that very much,I will forward it to Alan Bell to see if he can shine some light on it

Back