New Years Honours List

amos hames

Dedicated Member
As the new years honours list is announced and is dominated by our Olympic and Paralympic heroes.Who do you think is always overlooked when it comes to Knighthoods or DameHoods or any other honour.Your thoughts on who should be honoured or even if you think we should have these.

My Dad always said the real heroes are not the guys who score the goals or shine in the limelight, it's the men and women who turn up week after week in all kinds of horrible weather, and paint the lines on the pitch, clean out the club house, wash the kits and sort out the behind the scenes stuff. Many years ago my Dad was a good local rugby player. He was full back for Neath. He always said what you saw on the pitch was just the end result of many, many peoples efforts, not just the lads on the pitch. I'm glad that modern lists have included more of the 'backstage' heroes.

My Dad always said the real heroes are not the guys who score the goals or shine in the limelight, it's the men and women who turn up week after week in all kinds of horrible weather, and paint the lines on the pitch, clean out the club house, wash the kits and sort out the behind the scenes stuff. Many years ago my Dad was a good local rugby player. He was full back for Neath. He always said what you saw on the pitch was just the end result of many, many peoples efforts, not just the lads on the pitch. I'm glad that modern lists have included more of the 'backstage' heroes.

Completely agree with you :)

Back