newby

ri918ch

just joined from Derbyshire had a weekend in Holmfirth with all the family for my 70 birthday feb its year it was great seeing all the places on the show the only downer was it rained all the time

Welcome aboard, sorry about the weather , the only consultation is you don't live that far away, so maybe another visit later in the year

Hello and Welcome to the Forum , did you take the tour bus whilst in Holmfirth if not and you eventually get the chance to go back I would recommend it assuming that with the social distancing rules that will stay in place for some time the tour bus can actually run . I hope you enjoy your time on here and I look forward to your posts.

Greets and Welcome! Holmfirth seems like a great place to spend a birthday :18:. Even if it was raining.

Welcome to the forum!
I've been to Holmfirth about 8 times now.
I've done the bus tour, been in Sid's Cafe, the Last of The Summer Wine exhibition and I've been to the Church where Bill Owen and Peter Sallis are buried.

just joined from Derbyshire had a weekend in Holmfirth with all the family for my 70 birthday feb its year it was great seeing all the places on the show the only downer was it rained all the time
Hello and WELCOME ri918ch. I am intrigued by your name, ri918ch. Is your name Richard? I can't work out where the 918 fits in unless that is how many times you have been married. If that is the case then you beat me, by one. I just love the taste of wedding cake.
I see that you are from Derbyshire. I live in South Yorkshire and every week we used to have a trip into the Peak District. We have spent so many happy hours there. Are you in the north or south of Derbyshire?
Happy belated Birthday for Feb.
Peri.

Back