Nora and Sugar

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
In One episode Ivy visits Nora to see what they can do regarding Compo's Advances, Nora offers Ivy tea and ask's how many sugar, Ivy has several spoonfuls, Nora then say's cutting back are we, I don't take it myself, Ivy say's and it shows.

In another episode around the same time, Nora is in the cafe, with a fresh cup of tea and puts 4 or 5 sugars in it from the bowl on a table

Not bad for someone who does not take sugar, if I can recall the episode titles I will post them

In One episode Ivy visits Nora to see what they can do regarding Compo's Advances, Nora offers Ivy tea and ask's how many sugar, Ivy has several spoonfuls, Nora then say's cutting back are we, I don't take it myself, Ivy say's and it shows.

In another episode around the same time, Nora is in the cafe, with a fresh cup of tea and puts 4 or 5 sugars in it from the bowl on a table

Not bad for someone who does not take sugar, if I can recall the episode titles I will post them
The first one you mentioned where Ivy goes to Nora's house is "And a Dewhurst Up A Fir Tree." I don't recall the other one off had, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.

I just watched "Here We Go Again into the Wild Blue Yonder" and Ivy and Nora had tea in the café and neither of them used sugar. There wasn't even sugar on the table.

Interesting.

You mention about Nora saying she doesn't take sugar, and Ivy says 'it shows'.

So is that implying Nora is meant to be skinny?

It's well documented that Kathy Staff, in mid-late episodes anyway, had to padded out to look bigger.

Yet in some early shows she seems very slim, A Merry Heatwave possibly suggests this??

So, my question is

IS NORA SUPPOSED TO BE LARGE OR SLIM?

Interesting.

It's well documented that Kathy Staff, in mid-late episodes anyway, had to padded out to look bigger.

Yet in some early shows she seems very slim, A Merry Heatwave possibly suggests this??

So, my question is

Nora is supposed to be large. I think Ivy's comment was implying that if she'd eat something sweet, it might help her be sweeter and not such a sourpuss.

Interesting.

So, my question is

Nora is supposed to be large. I think Ivy's comment was implying that if she'd eat something sweet, it might help her be sweeter and not such a sourpuss.

Interesting.

So, my question is

I think Ivy saying "It Shows" related more to Nora's attitude

Back