Odd Socks

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone noticed in Extra Extra when the trio are in the barn talking Foggy appears to be wearing odd socks?

One looks fawn and the other looks dark brown, this could be a trick of the light but there's a huge difference in colour levels.

This is a huge bugbear of mine I hate socks and odd sock drive me mental.

At least they were similar , not like Compo's that day he tried to impress Norah in his winklepickers!. One shocking pink and one yellow! :biggrin:

Last edited:
At least they were similar , not like Compo's that day he tried to impress Norah in his winklepickers!. One shocking pink and one yellow! :biggrin:

I have to close my eyes when he takes his winklepickers off.

10359385_994147690602468_8412739447309673732_n.jpg

Has anyone noticed in Extra Extra when the trio are in the barn talking Foggy appears to be wearing odd socks?

One looks fawn and the other looks dark brown, this could be a trick of the light but there's a huge difference in colour levels.

This is a huge bugbear of mine I hate socks and odd sock drive me mental.
I just watched this again tonight and I see what you mean. One is much darker than the other. But I think it is probably lighting, because the one pant leg is almost white while the other one is gray (at least on my screen, it may be brown on some others.) One glove is a little lighter than the other one too.

I just watched this again tonight and I see what you mean. One is much darker than the other. But I think it is probably lighting, because the one pant leg is almost white while the other one is gray (at least on my screen, it may be brown on some others.) One glove is a little lighter than the other one too.

Maybe the "sock fairy" was having an off day?? :me:

Maybe the "sock fairy" was having an off day??

Or maybe it was the Lord of the Socks who lives in the washing machine, according to the song of that title on Mary Lu Walker's album Middle Age Middle Class Mama Songs. Some of Mary Lu's and Don's children are now past middle age, but she's still performing, at least locally. I've read that singing is part of the key to keeping mentally young, and Mary Lu is a good example.

Marianna

You wouldn't like Lord Mountcharles so, noted for always wearing odd socks :30:
tO3OIB0.jpg

Was this filmed in a real barn or on a very realistic studio set? If it was filmed in a barn, just image the challenges of lighting the scene. Also I want to give major kudos to all of the behind the scenes work to seamlessly meld raw video and audio into wonderful episodes that look effortless.

What is it with the poor socks? have they ever down any one harm?

I need them to keep my extremities warm - otherwise I would ice up ....

Socks are the worst thing ever invented, apart from central heating that is, the Romans didn't need socks and their extremities seemed to survive. I think we all need to man up and ban socks! :13:

I'm afraid the Romans did have their wimpish side, and socks were worn. Not always, but there is pictorial and written evidence. One of the Vindolanda letters, up on Hadrians wall, mentions them. Probably one of the PBI getting chilblains and writing home to mum. These socks could be sewn material, or some style of crochet work.
History lesson over for now.

I'm afraid the Romans did have their wimpish side, and socks were worn. Not always, but there is pictorial and written evidence. One of the Vindolanda letters, up on Hadrians wall, mentions them. Probably one of the PBI getting chilblains and writing home to mum. These socks could be sewn material, or some style of crochet work.
History lesson over for now.

10359385_994147690602468_8412739447309673732_n.jpg

Well ok............. But cavemen didn't need them and they did ok!!!

( Actually has I was typing the " Romans didn't need them" Speech I remembered a thing I read once about a Roman writing home and asking the wife to send him some new socks :D :D )

Back