only fools overload

• Thread starter Thread starter gill
  • Start date Start date
G

gill

Has anyone else noticed that on the Christmas Gold channel they are showing Only Fools and Horses all day everyday until at least next Sat. I know it is popular but come on this is getting too much. They have never done this with Summer Wine, how nice it would be if they dedicated a week to our favourite show. I think the BBC own ' s some of gold so that is unlikely to happen. It would be great if it did. (Sorry that is my grumble for the day). Take care.X

I agree Gill. I have always liked Only Fools but they have really overdone it this time. They were on every day before Christmas as well. Surely however good it is people still can`t be watching it all day every day.

It's lazy programing, just shove the tape in and all go home for a week.

Every channel has been packed to the rafters with rubbish, there's been no thought gone into any of it. I always get a box set so we watch that.

I agree Gill. I have always liked Only Fools but they have really overdone it this time. They were on every day before Christmas as well. Surely however good it is people still can`t be watching it all day every day.

I thought that but a couple of years ago we were staying at the Atlantic Hotel in Limassol Cyprus just down the street was a British Bar called the Nags Head used to pass it every day on our way into town or the beach and it was re-running Fools wall to wall all day every day and the number of people who were sat watching it was unbelievable .Often we would pass people on the way out and they would still be there hours later when we were on the way back .

I agree Pearl its lazy programming but I suppose they feel they have to fill the schedule and when you take licensing into the equation, even though BBC Worldwide own a their considerable chunk of UKTV, they probably only have a subset of ex BBC material available to fill the schedule . They don't broadcast any shows between 04:00 and 07:00 so 21 hours is a lot to fill , however in reality ,on their normal day to day scheduling, they repeat the same shows at least twice .

In OFAH speak " We've got a Dozen old shows from Monkey Harris usually show once in a blue moon but we can let you have them three times a day fa free, cannot say fairer than that , Plume de ma tante!"

Last edited:
its just silly. I sent them a message Via Twitter and got no reply. I like the show but not 24 hours a day. Should re name the channel Trotter Gold.

I am so pleased I do not give sky and the UK channels any money, it is ridiculous that UK Gold should show OFAH 24/7 day after day, it just goes to show what they think of their viewers, I suspect they have lost interest and they are aware their days are numbered with streaming TV services these days, and these will only improve, more and more people are doing away with the TV licence and just going down the streaming route, where they can watch something they would like to see when they want to see it, along with UK Gold the BBC are not much better,take today on BBC1 in 24 hours the offerings were

7hrs 20 mins of old movies
9hrs of news
4hrs 35 mins of repeats

Leaving 3 hrs 5 mins of new content of which 90 mins was sport

BBC 2 today managed 12hrs 30 mins of repeats and 7hrs 30 mins of old films totalling 20 hrs

BBC 3 which only transmits 9 hours a day managed 1 old film 1hr 20 mins and the other 7hrs 40 mins were repeats

BBC 4 gave us 7hrs 20 mins of repeats out of 9 hrs transmission time

I don't think this is good value for money

You are so right Terry. BBC offering's over CHristmas to me were nt that special, I think i'm right that BBC own some of the gold channel that's why Summer Wine is on at 7am and not prime time.

I am so pleased I do not give sky and the UK channels any money, it is ridiculous that UK Gold should show OFAH 24/7 day after day, it just goes to show what they think of their viewers, I suspect they have lost interest and they are aware their days are numbered with streaming TV services these days, and these will only improve, more and more people are doing away with the TV licence and just going down the streaming route, where they can watch something they would like to see when they want to see it, along with UK Gold the BBC are not much better,take today on BBC1 in 24 hours the offerings were

7hrs 20 mins of old movies
9hrs of news
4hrs 35 mins of repeats

Leaving 3 hrs 5 mins of new content of which 90 mins was sport

BBC 2 today managed 12hrs 30 mins of repeats and 7hrs 30 mins of old films totalling 20 hrs

BBC 3 which only transmits 9 hours a day managed 1 old film 1hr 20 mins and the other 7hrs 40 mins were repeats

BBC 4 gave us 7hrs 20 mins of repeats out of 9 hrs transmission time

I don't think this is good value for money
That is out of line. Terrible service. Mind you I will watch anything when I am in Hospital

Back