Open All Hours pilot episode

Roger

Dedicated Member
I've just watched the pilot episode of Open All Hours. I don't think I've seen it before. Filmed three years before series one, with a different shop front, different street, and Nurse Gladys was played by Sheila Brennan. It also had Yootha Joyce and Kieth Chegwin as shop customers. It's worth watching if you've not seen it before.

I will reitterate this tale......simply because it is a "claim to fame [ish]" point !! [ish !!!]!...
Although I am from Liverpool I had a friend who was from Balby in Doncaster who supported Everton......
He invited me to his house to stay the night before we played Leeds at Elland Road.......I arrived in Doncaster.....had a few bevvies...and got a taxi to his house......GUESS WHAT ????......HE LIVED 2 DOORS AWAY FROM ARKWRIGHT'S SHOP !!!!!!!...[if I can remember rightly I think it was a hairdressers].....I could not believe it !!!.....he said all his neighbours used to get a little annoyed because of the filming.....and people coming to Balby to look for "Arkwright's shop.....sound a bit familiar with some residents of Holmfirth feeling the same emotion doesn't it.
All my love to you all my "Summerwine family members" !!!!
Keith.
X!

How interesting. It must have been slightly annoying with all of those people looking for Arkwright's.

As a note, I remember the Moody Blues.

Back