Possible Relations And Explanation.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Could It Be?

Is it possible that randy Wainwright the lecherous librarian was the twin brother of Auntie Wainwright?

Therefor being the Uncle of Howard it would explain where the roaming eye gene came from.

Can anyone think of anymore?

Could It Be?

Is it possible that randy Wainwright the lecherous librarian was the twin brother of Auntie Wainwright?

Therefor being the Uncle of Howard it would explain where the roaming eye gene came from.

Great connection there between Howard and Mr. Wainwright. I am sure that "roaming eye" gene in males is extremely rare :).

How common is the name, Wainwright, in that region?

Could It Be?

That being the case, great uncle lascivious Larry Lynam has a lot to answer for;D;D

I always thought there could be a link between Mr Wainwright and Auntie Wainwright.

However, I see no reason why they should be twins, there's lots of other ways of being related.

It's more likely though Roy Clarke being careless with names - look how the name Hemingway was used.

I recall the Auntie Wainwright character was originally intended to be Foggy's relation.

If I've got this right, Crums was supposed to see a guest appearance of Brian Wilde, whilst Michael Aldridge was still in the show. I think it was Foggy who was concerned about his Auntie Wainwright - so possibly no intended connection with Howard being just like Mr Wainwright.

Great connection there between Howard and Mr. Wainwright. I am sure that "roaming eye" gene in males is extremely rare :).

How common is the name, Wainwright, in that region?

I'm taking a great stab in the dark, but Wainwright means wagon maker and since there was a lot of mining in Yorkshire so possibly these wagons could have been the small wagons or carts used in the mines. I know, really big reach.

I always thought there could be a link between Mr Wainwright and Auntie Wainwright.

However, I see no reason why they should be twins, there's lots of other ways of being related.

It's more likely though Roy Clarke being careless with names - look how the name Hemingway was used.

I recall the Auntie Wainwright character was originally intended to be Foggy's relation.

If I've got this right, Crums was supposed to see a guest appearance of Brian Wilde, whilst Michael Aldridge was still in the show. I think it was Foggy who was concerned about his Auntie Wainwright - so possibly no intended connection with Howard being just like Mr Wainwright.

That is the case according the Bell's book.

I tend to think that the re-use of names by Clarke over the years was just coincidental, not part of some grander scheme of hidden unknown relations.

Back