Poster

'fraid not. The other thing that passed me by was the Captain Clutterbuck treasure hunt, only saw one poster & no idea where to start. Did anyone do it?

'fraid not. The other thing that passed me by was the Captain Clutterbuck treasure hunt, only saw one poster & no idea where to start. Did anyone do it?
Graham these came from the wino's who probably have some available, no idea how the treasure hunt worked, I have trouble finding my shoes

Never realised they did a film poster for this, bearing in mind it was still a BBC production.

Or is it just a mock-up that someone has created?

EDIT. (I suspect it must be - since you have asked if others bought one.)

Saw these for sale at the back, but only cottoned on to it following that YouTube video by that young lad. I'm pretty sure Drew did them as he has an amazing talent for that sort of thing. But I may well buy one I think they were A3 size, but utterly brilliant, very Carry On-esqe as they would have been if they'd been designed at the time!!!!

Saw these for sale at the back, but only cottoned on to it following that YouTube video by that young lad. I'm pretty sure Drew did them as he has an amazing talent for that sort of thing. But I may well buy one I think they were A3 size, but utterly brilliant, very Carry On-esqe as they would have been if they'd been designed at the time!!!!
I got the impression from Drew that the BBC did plan to show the film at the cinema all those years ago, but for some reason it never happened, and these are copies of the original flyer

I believe at this time, the BBC claimed they 'don't make films', even though they had their Play For Today series and had made 45 minute tv specials of sitcoms, and whatever else.

And of course, all films at the cinema intended to have a poster made up.

The sucess of Getting Sam Home led to two more further LOTSW feature films, a feature length Just Good Friends, two feature length Only Fools and Horses... made in the style of films - followed by many more feature length specials which DIDN'T look films...

I got the impression from Drew that the BBC did plan to show the film at the cinema all those years ago, but for some reason it never happened, and these are copies of the original flyer
You may be right but I thought the pics of Clegg & Compo looked older than they would have been at the time

AND - would Alan JW Bell have been officially allowed the dual role of producer and director to appear on poster credits AT THAT TIME?

BBC Films founded in 1990.

I think the poster, unfortunately, may be fake :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(.

But it's a brilliant piece of artwork.

Pointless trek !! Do you really think anyone would have got their hands on my doubloons I moved them way before the event , to anyone who yomped around like golf its a nice walk spoilt by the game. :)

Back