RIP Miss Davenport

I was just thinking to myself, who do we have left now?
The obvious ones are..
Mike Grady
Sarah Thomas
Tommy Cannon
Barbara Young
Brian Murphy
Russ Abbott
Tom Owen

advances on that....

Just read that myself with profound sadness. She’s someone with an incredible back catalogue. She’s someone you just imagined would be around forever

Once married to Leonard Rossiter.....it's funny...but when I used to see her playing Miss Davenport and Elizabeth [in K.U.A.] I always thought she was just playing herself......the impression she left on me was that she was a really lovely,caring,funny,likeable lady.
I think she really grew into her role as Miss Davenport.......from being "Gavin Hinchcliffe's lady friend" to librarian she played her part with real gusto...she seemed to really enjoy herself.....another sad loss....of a real artist.
x!

Wonderful actress long suffering sidekick to Ronnie B in many productions including his last Clarence , I loved Shelly completely forgotten about her being his landlady . The golden age of comedy is sadly disappearing before our very eyes cannot see anyone really stepping up to the mark in shows at present. A very very sad loss.

Wonderful actress long suffering sidekick to Ronnie B in many productions including his last Clarence , I loved Shelly completely forgotten about her being his landlady . The golden age of comedy is sadly disappearing before our very eyes cannot see anyone really stepping up to the mark in shows at present. A very very sad loss.
I thought she was very good in Clarence, I feel saddened for the current generation who will only have our generation of comedy to watch

This is very sad news. I knew her originally from Keeping Up Appearances. I thought Miss Davenport was one of the highlights from Summer Wine's later years. I loved her romantic misinterpretations with some of the guys and her odd pairing with the other ladies.

Thank you for the memories.

It is reported in the Press that Josephine died peacefully in Denville Hall, a retirement home for members of the Theatrical profession . If proof were ever needed of the great generation of accomplished actors and actresses we have sadly lost just view the notable residents list of which Josephine is a well deserved member .

She also co-starred with John Inman in Odd Man Out.
Thanks for the reminder, that is something that fell by the wayside in my stash. I've got 2 episodes left in my LotSW summer binge, I have been in her episodes the last couple weeks and really enjoyed her and that Marina had a pal.

She also starred in Coppers End with Bill Owen.

This was a police sitcom which didn't do very well at the time - and also starred the brilliant Richard Wattis (Eric Sykes' neighbour).

Once married to Leonard Rossiter.....it's funny...but when I used to see her playing Miss Davenport and Elizabeth [in K.U.A.] I always thought she was just playing herself......the impression she left on me was that she was a really lovely,caring,funny,likeable lady.
I think she really grew into her role as Miss Davenport.......from being "Gavin Hinchcliffe's lady friend" to librarian she played her part with real gusto...she seemed to really enjoy herself.....another sad loss....of a real artist.
x!
Oh yes, I agree. She really seemed to enjoy herself.

Back