Saying Hello !

ClarkyMalarky

Hi Everybody, just signed up. I'm Graham, been a big fan since 2014, when I found myself watching daytime tele for three months following a period of ill health. Live near Leeds so only 45 mins or so from Holmfirth and love that Town too. Went to the events last weekend, really enjoyed and thought I must get to know more like minded Last of the Summer Wine Barmpots ! I'm thinking of retiring soon and to be honest as a bit of a workaholic, that terrifies me, so I want to join groups, get other interests and not just as a spectator, I'd like to get actively involved and support. I will certainly contribute to the cost of the site (how do I do this and how much ?) and if you organise events or anything I will help out. Do you meet up ? Where and when ? Have car, can travel. Am a big Yorkshire cricket fan, like my sport, two grown up sons. Am clueless with technology and took me a while to even work out how to get on this site ! In short, hello, would love to get involved !

Hi Everybody, just signed up. I'm Graham, been a big fan since 2014, when I found myself watching daytime tele for three months following a period of ill health. Live near Leeds so only 45 mins or so from Holmfirth and love that Town too. Went to the events last weekend, really enjoyed and thought I must get to know more like minded Last of the Summer Wine Barmpots ! I'm thinking of retiring soon and to be honest as a bit of a workaholic, that terrifies me, so I want to join groups, get other interests and not just as a spectator, I'd like to get actively involved and support. I will certainly contribute to the cost of the site (how do I do this and how much ?) and if you organise events or anything I will help out. Do you meet up ? Where and when ? Have car, can travel. Am a big Yorkshire cricket fan, like my sport, two grown up sons. Am clueless with technology and took me a while to even work out how to get on this site ! In short, hello, would love to get involved !
Welcome aboard and if you are looking for Barmpots there is a whole bunch of them here, Glad you enjoyed the 50th weekend, I did and I am now recovering from all that went on.
I am hoping next year we can arrange a weekend for like minded fans to meet up,maybe tour some of the locations outside of Holmfirth.
Regards help funding the site I will be asking for donations in July so please keep a watch out for that.

Welcome to the forum! We're a nice group! Although I still don't know what a barmpot is (American here! Lol), I'll Google it later! Lol But yeah, I think it's really cool that you live close to the town and that you went to the events! I'm sure it was a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy the forum too!

Welcome Clarky, possibly saw you at the events myself last week and I had an amazing time. I went to them all bar the talk at the Tavern which was too full when I got there. I'm a massive cricket fan myself and cannot wait for the Ashes!!!!

Welcome Graham, check out Terry's locations map, when you open one tap on it again & you can get a pic of the area & more info. Enjoy the site, loads of historical posts apart from current ones.

Hi Everybody, thanks for your kind hello's ! Well, if you do decide to organise a weekend visiting some of the locations outside Holmfirth I think I could help with that as I know a man with a van, or more specifically a man with a mini bus and a few bigger buses (and drivers) ! I am sure I could twist his arm and get us one for a day very cheap. I'd love that as although I've been to Holmfirth many times and on that little bus tour, I've never explored the locations further afield which I must do. I'll take a look at your map Terry but let me know if you do want to organise a weekend meet up and location tour and with a bit of notice I'll see if I can sort out the bus !

Greets and Weclome, Clarky / Graham! :18:

Glad to hear you are feeling better then a few years back. Got a nice bunch of Summer Wine fans here.

Cheers,
Rick

Hello Graham/Clarky and welcome to the site , look forward to your posts and thoughts , great to have another fan on board hope you enjoy the site . As stated Terry's great map and the member's photos sections are a great place to start. :)

Our Terry, makes an excellent tour guide which I can vouch for, so I can see him sat at the front of the bus with the microphone, policing all the barmpots playing up on the back seat.....

Sounds like it will be a bit like my old school trips. I used to sit at the back firing rubber bands and throwing chewing gum. I will try to be better behaved. Just seen the little Holmfirth bus is back up and running, which as people have said is a week later than ideal for him ! I like that tour though, will support it next time I am over. Won't be quite the same as our full tour though if that comes off. I'm just off out to buy some rubber bands and chewing gum.

Back