Series 7, Episode 1; The Frozen Turkey Man

wstol

Dedicated Member
One of those perfect episodes that has everything.

Very little plot, a lie down in the hills, a trip to the cafe, an encounter with Nora Batty, a visit to a pub, and some physical stuff at the end. All typical of LOTSW, of course.

The episode mostly concentrates on Compo's Yorkshire remains in a buried treacle tin, and finding a woman for Foggy. The look of shock on Foggy's face is brilliant (gobble, gobble).

The guy playing with the Rubik's Cube in the pub dates this episode('82).Best bits or me,the man chasing Foggy out of the pub throwig bits of the broken cube at him,Compo kissing Foggy(and the barmaid tring hard not to laugh).and Compo's land in the manure at the end.Love the overhead shot of Bill's stand-in.(I presume it was a stand-in anyway).Love the look of terror in Foggy's eyes when the barmaid talks to him,as he thinks the barmaid is mad :).What pub was it in this episode?

The guy playing with the Rubik's Cube in the pub dates this episode('82).Best bits or me,the man chasing Foggy out of the pub throwig bits of the broken cube at him,Compo kissing Foggy(and the barmaid tring hard not to laugh).and Compo's land in the manure at the end.Love the overhead shot of Bill's stand-in.(I presume it was a stand-in anyway).Love the look of terror in Foggy's eyes when the barmaid talks to him,as he thinks the barmaid is mad :).What pub was it in this episode?

I am pretty sure the outside shots are The Elephant & Castle pub just around the corner from Nora's

I am pretty sure the outside shots are The Elephant & Castle pub just around the corner from Nora's
thanks

I thought this was an OK episiode, but, excluding Earnshaw strikes again, it wasn;t a patch on anything in the series that came before and after it. In fact there are at least 3 episodes in series 7 that are better than it in my view.

As CW has touched on, the barmaid does appear to be laughing at the trio when she probably shouldn't be.

Also, there is a lot of emphasis on a fete approaching, as there are posters in the cafe and the pub.

As CW has touched on, the barmaid does appear to be laughing at the trio when she probably shouldn't be.
IT SEEMS TO BE A "PROBLEM" ? RIGHT THROUGH THE WHOLE SET OF PROGRAMMES. THERE ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE SOMEONE STRUGGLING TO KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE ;D JUST ADDS TO THE FUN IMO. ;D

I thought this was an OK episiode, but, excluding Earnshaw strikes again, it wasn;t a patch on anything in the series that came before and after it. In fact there are at least 3 episodes in series 7 that are better than it in my view.
wouldnt be Cheering Up Ludovic,The Waist Land and The Art Of Concealment would they?

Back