Series Thirteen.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Series thirteen is not such a great one for me but I do like Passing the Earring and Pole Stare but Compo being depressed because Smiler moved in with Nora is too depressing for me.

Series thirteen is not such a great one for me but I do like Passing the Earring and Pole Stare but Compo being depressed because Smiler moved in with Nora is too depressing for me.

I've said it before , the Compo jealous of Smiler story went on too long! Considering Compo got Smiler the lodgings anyway!! :13:
I like passing the Earring and Pole Star as well.

Last edited:
Well here we go, Pearl. Your Series threads have been filled with lots of praise so far, but now we are on a bit of a dry spell. Foggy's return in Series 12 starts with a bang, but now things become a bit slow and repetitive. I don't mind Compo being jealous of Smiler. I thought is was amusing considering how miserable Smiler was. He would get grief from Nora, only to leave the house and get grief from others.

I do like Cash Flow Problems. Wasn't the character named "Biff Hemingway?" The part in the end with Foggy being terrified of him and afterwards mentioning how he had to restrain himself was great.

Passing the Earring was good too but my memory is a little foggy (no pun intended). That is the one where they were trying to get Pearl to believe Clegg worse earrings, correct?

After the brilliance of Series 12, it was always going to be hard for Series 13 to be as good.

But I think Series 13 is a good enough little series.

After the brilliance of Series 12, it was always going to be hard for Series 13 to be as good.

But I think Series 13 is a good enough little series.

The rest of Foggy's 2nd run, from series 13-19 is still good, just not spectacular. I find this era comforting, kind of like "comfort food for the soul". Most episodes aren't legendary, but it is just enjoyable to watch the characters (the main ones and the extras).

Sorry if I am jumping ahead too much.

I really don't like "Quick, Quick, Slow" very much so that sets a bad tone to the series. There are some good episodes in the series, though, so it isn't "bad."

Biff Hemingway actor

I do like Cash Flow Problems. Wasn't the character named "Biff Hemingway?" The part in the end with Foggy being terrified of him and afterwards mentioning how he had to restrain himself was great.

QUOTE]

The actor who played Biff Hemingway also appeared in several other episodes.

Is "Situations vacant" the only episode where Tom Owen appears in the same episode as his dad,he wasn't playing his son,and they never met,he was just in the opening scene at the cash point with Foggy,I wonder if they ever considered bringing him in while Compo was still with us.

Is "Situations vacant" the only episode where Tom Owen appears in the same episode as his dad,he wasn't playing his son,and they never met,he was just in the opening scene at the cash point with Foggy,I wonder if they ever considered bringing him in while Compo was still with us.

Yes thats the only one, I didn't realise it was him until he came in the show after Bill died.

I have always wondered what Tom was thinking about what his father thought of him when he did that scene. It would have been interesting to have been a fly on the wall.

How did we go from Series 28 to 13?
That's my fault Elmc,I watched an episode from that series today,and commented about Tom Owen making an appearance in it while his dad was still in the show,years before he joined the cast,and it bumped it to the top of the list,above series 27,sorry for mixing the orders up,
Pete x

That's my fault Elmc,I watched an episode from that series today,and commented about Tom Owen making an appearance in it while his dad was still in the show,years before he joined the cast,and it bumped it to the top of the list,above series 27,sorry for mixing the orders up,
Pete x

Pete thats ok, I said at the beginning anyone can comment on any series when they like. Pitch in where and when you want :D

Back