Seymore's inventions

Sheree

Dedicated Member
What, do you suppose, happened to Seymore's old inventions? Are they
retired as just props? Has someone thought of putting together a
Summer Wine museum?

From what I understand, the localtion of Compo's home has been converted into a museum that houses a lot of the props from the show. Whether or not it contains any of Seymour's inventions, I haven't a clue. Maybe somebody who posts here who also visited the museum can put up some pictures. Just a thought anyway.

From what I understand, the localtion of Compo's home has been converted into a museum that houses a lot of the props from the show. Whether or not it contains any of Seymour's inventions, I haven't a clue. Maybe somebody who posts here who also visited the museum can put up some pictures. Just a thought anyway.

Just after the show ended the BBC offered all the props/internal settings to Holmfirth, the plan was they were going to set it up in the top floor of the riverside building,the one that was Lodges supermarket by the bus station,the BBC insisted that they take delivery in 4-6 weeks otherwise it would all be disposed of, I was told it could be 3-4 containers full,as nothing has happened since then I can only think it did not happen,and that everything has been dumped

Two years ago i went to the summer wine exhibition.It is in what was compos old
house.it contains loads of props from the show iclueding the trios bikes,the inflatable lady from beware of the elbow.Compos long johns and his jacket.also
the tea trays from down hill racer and the submarine that compo went underwater
in when he sank Howard and Marina in their boat.if i remember it also had the vending machine from hey big vendor.If you google summer wine exhibition it takes you to a link that shows you pics.cost 2 pounds to get in..great value...
Oh also compos matchbox is there as well...but the contents remain secret

Just after the show ended the BBC offered all the props/internal settings to Holmfirth, the plan was they were going to set it up in the top floor of the riverside building,the one that was Lodges supermarket by the bus station,the BBC insisted that they take delivery in 4-6 weeks otherwise it would all be disposed of, I was told it could be 3-4 containers full,as nothing has happened since then I can only think it did not happen,and that everything has been dumped
shame

shame

Yes, it is a great shame. I think Seymour's old home would have made an excellent Summer Wine museum. Then there could have been attractions in the countryside as well as in town. I always appreciated the nice, plot of land and long driveway with gate. I would love to see it some day. And sadly, his garbage disposal is likely gone.

Shame if his portable hole driller was junked this was one his best also his tripod for Compo was another good one.It is typical BBC to throw everything awaythey have no sense of history.The motorised wheelbarrow was another showed its worth by transporting Barry.

I noticed they also have the old squashed walkie-talkie from "Come in Sunray Major", and that MANGLE !

I would have loved to have had ago at Wesleys mad mashine bed. I wonder if Roy Clarke had all these ideas for Seymore and when Michael left the show he just passed them on to Wesley?

If I knew how to contact the people in charge of the props mentioned I would take the lot and keep them safe in My work unit, even if there are 10 containers full! All that history should not simply be lost.

Back