Seymour episodes on uk tv

ferret

Dedicated Member
Evening all, does anyone know why the Seymour episodes are rarely shown on the tv when most of the others are. Is it possible that a family member or another has put a stop to them being shown ?

Evening all, does anyone know why the Seymour episodes are rarely shown on the tv when most of the others are. Is it possible that a family member or another has put a stop to them being shown ?

We had this question on Facebook a while ago and I think its just down to the fact that our of 295 Seymour was only in 31 episodes.

I think they come round on a regular basis but as Pearl says he was only in 31 episodes so it seem like they are not on so often.

Seymour episodes on UKTV

All,

I was becoming frustrated in my attempts to secure some of the series which have yet to be released by recording them on my sky box so I wrote a mail to UKTV . They did reply albeit not really helping with my issue and most of their response wouldn't really apply to LOTSW. For what its worth the extract from their reply is shown below

We schedule episodes in order, but sometimes an episode is judged to be unsuitable for pre-watershed transmission by our compliance checkers.
If we are showing the programme before the watershed, we may have to skip certain episodes, to prevent risking an Ofcom fine if viewers complain.

There may be an issue with showing certain episodes if they conflict with similar shows on other channels or if we are unable to obtain the rights to that episode or series. We are also sensitive to current affairs and an episode may be replaced at late notice due to the topics it covers.

Where possible we show all the episodes in the right order, except that some episodes may have to be missed out. Whilst we realise this can affect the flow of the story, we do our best to maintain running order.

All,

I was becoming frustrated in my attempts to secure some of the series which have yet to be released by recording them on my sky box so I wrote a mail to UKTV . They did reply albeit not really helping with my issue and most of their response wouldn't really apply to LOTSW. For what its worth the extract from their reply is shown below
We schedule episodes in order, but sometimes an episode is judged to be unsuitable for pre-watershed transmission by our compliance checkers.
If we are showing the programme before the watershed, we may have to skip certain episodes, to prevent risking an Ofcom fine if viewers complain.

There may be an issue with showing certain episodes if they conflict with similar shows on other channels or if we are unable to obtain the rights to that episode or series. We are also sensitive to current affairs and an episode may be replaced at late notice due to the topics it covers.

Where possible we show all the episodes in the right order, except that some episodes may have to be missed out. Whilst we realise this can affect the flow of the story, we do our best to maintain running order.

Sounds like an answer that answers A question but not necessarily your question.

Don't know if they do this in the UK but here in the states, at least on my PBS station, they usually only show the programs that are 30 minutes in length. So that would cut out 3 episodes bringing the number down to 28.

Thanks for the reply i'll have to buy a few on dvd then. We've been spoilt lately with some of my favourite early Blamire and Foggy episodes on tv, most of which i have on dvd but always record them and re-watch them. Not a fan of the Truly years but wouldn't mind seeing some of the Seymour stuff i haven't seen since they were first shown.

Thanks for the reply i'll have to buy a few on dvd then. We've been spoilt lately with some of my favourite early Blamire and Foggy episodes on tv, most of which i have on dvd but always record them and re-watch them. Not a fan of the Truly years but wouldn't mind seeing some of the Seymour stuff i haven't seen since they were first shown.

You should be able to get all of the regular shows in just two DVD sets and if you get the Christmas one too, you'll have them all.

Still waiting for some of them to be shown on Gold, they've started on 23/24 and 30 again now.

I'll give them until Christmas then buy a few on DVD . I've already got the Blamire and early Foggy episodes but like you I still watch them on TV!

Back