Sids cafe project

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hey Everyone,
I hope this link works, I'm not a computer savvy person. If it doesn't let me know
We are building the Cafe on the outer dining room wall in our home. We have had to scale the size down a bit, however I have a mechanical engineer friend of mine that is helping me to make sure it is proportional.
I hoping to have it done for a New Year's eve get together, that will depend on the glass company. I'm really thinking of using a Plexiglas for the big window for safety reasons :) I have a 9 year old boy!!
I really want to keep it as close to the real thing as possible.
I believe that I'll go with white paint scheme instead of the brown due to matching the rest of my kitchen better.
I'll keep you posted.

http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/user/Darin_N_Cathy_Iscrupe/library/Sids cafe

You just doing the door or aa whole replica of the cafe? If a whole replica that sure is a big task you're putting on yourself.

Hey Everyone,
I hope this link works, I'm not a computer savvy person. If it doesn't let me know
We are building the Cafe on the outer dining room wall in our home. We have had to scale the size down a bit, however I have a mechanical engineer friend of mine that is helping me to make sure it is proportional.
I hoping to have it done for a New Year's eve get together, that will depend on the glass company. I'm really thinking of using a Plexiglas for the big window for safety reasons :) I have a 9 year old boy!!
I believe that I'll go with white paint scheme instead of the brown due to matching the rest of my kitchen better.
I'll keep you posted.

This looks to be a great project and I am sure we will all like to see the end product,lets hope you get it done for new year,I suspect I will be able to get you some publicity once completed if you so wish,a little bit of Holmfirth in the USA,so when do we all get the invite for tea and buns

You just doing the door or aa whole replica of the cafe? If a whole replica that sure is a big task you're putting on yourself.
[/quote
Just the store front, not the inside. I am running into a little issue with blending it into my ceiling. I'm almost thinking about stopping at the top of the pillars. I haven't decided on that detail yet.
I know crazy huh? My wife is not a big a fan as I, however she likes the show. She just thinks it will be neat to eat in front of a cafe every night at dinner.
I do a bit of art type stuff, mainly for myself, but open to helping others. So she is used to it!!!

Hey Everyone,
I'll keep you posted

This looks to be a great project and I am sure we will all like to see the end product,lets hope you get it done for new year,I suspect I will be able to get you some publicity once completed if you so wish,a little bit of Holmfirth in the USA,so when do we all get the invite for tea and buns

Sure,I might sound a bit pompous, but I would love the publicity,mainly I would really like to see if the original cafe would hang up a picture of our cafe in theirs, I think that would be cool. I can't remember her name, but they actually sent me some post cards of the cafe to help with the design. You may laugh but it was the first time I ever called internationally!! I had figure it out before calling. I just want to make sure I do the show justice, that is why it is taking me longer than normal. Details, Details!!!
You are welcome at our house anytime, door is open!! However we are not much on baking so you might have to bring the buns :)
Thanks for the support, any suggestions are welcome. I can only go by pictures, so I have to really get out the magnifying glass.

Thanks to all for the kind words,
The project is on hold until mid February, I have been doing some small trim work and such however I found out that the CAFE window is going to be around 250 US dollars, about 160 pounds. My wife is supposed to get a bonus at her work in February and we are looking to purchase it then.
We live a modest life, with that is modest pay :) We don't mind, we like not being in the "rat race"
I will post some more pictures soon, however, I seemed to have misplaced my camera. I guess that is what happens when you turn 40???

It's brilliant, Darin!

Thank you, A busy schedule and the lack of funds for the Cafe window is holding up the completion, but we will get there.
I'm ready for it to be finished so I can get the tools out of my kitchen :D

Tools?

A plastic tin tray for clearing tha catarrh,
A sharp loud tone for taming customers,
A good grip for putting Compo back on his seat!

Thanks for sharing Darin,

I believe I was one of the first to inquire about seeing the results. I however miss photo corner sometimes but I am glad I caught it for the first time today.

Back