Snow Dog at Sid’s

Isn't there a few other dogs at different parts of Holmfirth, the map indicates there's one at the Co-Op?

So what is the rational behind picking the Snow Dog as an animal that represents Yorkshire?

Adanor, I do not think the snow dog is supposed to represent Yorkshire per say. I think it is a design the Kirklees hospital chose to place about the area for a charity thing. Maybe someone who knows for sure can explain better.

Adanor it doesnt represent Yorkshire its something that the charities selected and asked in many instances local people to decorate . As I mentioned we had snow dogs which local celebrities designed and then they were auctioned after the exhibition of them had concluded . A number of the celebrities bid for their own dog so they could display them in their garden . The shape is generic and assume they are manufactured for many areas in the UK .

As well as raising money for charity they also provide huge entertainment for children and indeed adults because they are located at various spots throughout the region and are in essence a trail for people to identify where they are located and almost collect those locations as way of an activity taking photos of each one as they spot them .

Back