Spirit of Seymour.......?

Specsavers moment watched it twice before I noticed the steam funnel on the engine compartment , first time thought the landrover had blown a cylinder head gasket and was bellowing oil smoke out Doh! :39:

Great! I love the Clampett's reference as well. More power to him for being creative.

Not to take away from anything that he has done... has there really not been a coal / steam powered car before? I know there were steam powered tractors. Thought there might have been something before the internal combustion engine came along.

Yes, there have been many steam-powered cars, and the odd motorcycle too, I think. The way this old Landrover has been set up looks like a traditional steam traction engine design. Pretty well all of the modern steam-powered cars use a high-tech design with flash-steam boilers running at very high pressures. Some of them has achieved very high speeds - I think the world record is 140 mph.

Yes, there have been many steam-powered cars, and the odd motorcycle too, I think. The way this old Landrover has been set up looks like a traditional steam traction engine design. Pretty well all of the modern steam-powered cars use a high-tech design with flash-steam boilers running at very high pressures. Some of them has achieved very high speeds - I think the world record is 140 mph.
Plenty of barmpots about!!

Back