Stateside newbie

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hello everyone,
I'm a huge LOTSW fan. I became a fan from my wife's grandmother who loved watching "Are you being served". I then tooled around and found my favorite show-LOTSW.Our local PBS channel has stopped showing Britcoms, so I have to resort to Youtube for my LOTSW fix. Love the show, and I tell many folks here about the show. I'm planning a SID's store front on my kitchen wall to make it feel like you are eating in front of the cafe. I spoke with the Cafe about it and they sent me some pics to use as a guide. I'll post some pics when I get finished, if all goes well, it will be in the fall.
Thanks to all for the countryside pics, love seeing the countryside. Glad to be on this forum.

So ... where stateside??

We be here in Durham NC and our PBS station has not
shown SW in years as well.

chuck

Tallahassee, Fl. Its nice to find a site and folks who like/love LOTSW. When I talk about it people look at me like I'm crazy, I wish I had the money to buy all the DVDs. I used to get them from NETFLIX until they split their DVD/streaming and I wasn't going to pay for both services.
Darin

Very well, thanks. I look forward to seeing the photos of Sids. All the best with that.

Thanks, hopefully in the fall I will have it done.I have to do a small scale down due to the size of my wall, so that will be my greatest challenge. I do motorcycle art and I have done some things like this in the past, it is all about the planning and the details. :) I grew up in Ligonier PA,about 50 miles east of Pitt. Thanks for the welcome

Thanks, hopefully in the fall I will have it done.I have to do a small scale down due to the size of my wall, so that will be my greatest challenge. I do motorcycle art and I have done some things like this in the past, it is all about the planning and the details. :) I grew up in Ligonier PA,about 50 miles east of Pitt. Thanks for the welcome

I grew up in Lancaster, PA.

The cafe changed quite a few times. I remember the old wrestling posters. However, you will definitely need a "No Credit Given" sign. That is awesome that the cafe with helping you!

Yeah, I ordered A tee shirt from them and there was an issue with the money exchange so I just called them and had a good conversation.
I noticed in earlier episodes the outside was brown in color, but I think I'm going to do the white. It seems to be the most remembered color.
We used to go to Lancaster for something, however I don't remember. I'm sure it had to do with farming, we raised cattle. It seemed like we were going every weekend to a trade show or a tractor event.
I plan on doing just the outside of the cafe, looking in to make it feel like we are eating outside the cafe. I'll have to check out the posters and no credit signs. I missed that.
Darin

Welcome fellow statesider! I'm another NCer, hope you enjoy the place here. A lot of fun discussions and as you mentioned, a lot of good pictures of the countryside.

Back