Still Open All Hours

wstol

Dedicated Member
Was privileged to be very kindly invited to see the studio recording of what is believed to be Episode Four of the new series Still Open All Hours.

One of the best nights of my life.

The writing was spot on - Roy Clarke is on top form. The episode is to the standard of the previous four series, very much in the same style.

David Jason is still the best comedy actor we have, and a great ab libber when it all goes wrong!

I don't think fans of OAH will be disappointed.

I really hope you're right, I'd hate to see it being brought back to see it fail. After Summer Wine its my favorite Roy Clarke comedy.

I think I am right.

It's no secret that some of the characters we saw in the Xmas show are being brought back for this new series.

In the absence of Ronnie Barker, and perhaps not many plots now for Lynda Baron, the new secondary characters are needed, and more importantly, are very good.

If it fails, it will only be because some would regard this humour old fashioned now.

I was watching one the other night and thought that most of the jokes wouldn't be allow today with the PC pragad watching but I'll look forward to watching it now.

If the humor is old style it will sit better with people of a certain age that seem to be being overlooked in favour for modern rubbish.

( Good grief, do I sound old?)

Certainly the only comedy around now that's good, clean fun - and made like they used to make them.

It's Open All Hours with David Jason and written by Roy Clarke!

It doesn't get any better than that, and who would have thought we'd ever see such a programme again?

I was watching one the other night and thought that most of the jokes wouldn't be allow today with the PC pragad watching but I'll look forward to watching it now.

If the humor is old style it will sit better with people of a certain age that seem to be being overlooked in favour for modern rubbish.

( Good grief, do I sound old?)

NEVER :me: :me: ::)

I missed the opportunity several times to go watch them filming in Doncaster back in September, oh well maybe next year

Back