Studio Audience

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I Noted that the special "Getting Sam Home" did not appear to be played to a studio audience as there is no laughter track, was this the only special/episode to be transmitted without studio laughter

I Noted that the special "Getting Sam Home" did not appear to be played to a studio audience as there is no laughter track, was this the only special/episode to be transmitted without studio laughter

Was "Getting Sam Home" not made as a so-called feature length "film" and as such never had a studio audience. I say "so-called" because as far as I am concerned "films" are made for and to be shown in cinemas.

There was at least a second, "Uncle of the Bride" and possibly but I am not certain, "Big Day at Dream Acre".

I was watching "Getting Sam Home just yesterday and i have to say that i sort of miss the laughter track as i think it helps set the mood,so to speak.I can also never quite get used to hearing John Comers voice dubbed by Tony Melody.The only other two i can think of are "Uncle of the bride" and "Big day at Dream Acres" as mentioned by Big Unc.
Mind you,id much rather have no laughter track at all compared to that canned laughter i used to hear on some of the American sitcoms.They seemd to play it after every line or word "THEY" thought was funny and it was so unnatural and awful.

Just as an aside..I love the first few minutes of the opening to "Getting Sam Home" .There is Wally with his pigeons,Nora hanging up her bloomers, the appearance of the trio and the background flute music.It has to be one of my favs but yet i couldnt tell you why.Maybe because its such a lovely atmospere,i dont really know,wish i did.

Hector.

Was "Getting Sam Home" not made as a so-called feature length "film" and as such never had a studio audience. I say "so-called" because as far as I am concerned "films" are made for and to be shown in cinemas.

There was at least a second, "Uncle of the Bride" and possibly but I am not certain, "Big Day at Dream Acre".

They were the three full length "film" style ones - the other longr ones that followed were not in quite the same category

Back