Summer Wine Fanfiction

Marina'sTwin

Dedicated Member
So I have to do a presentation for Organizational Communication about how symbols are used in communication. We had to choose a topic we know a lot about that involves communication and basically do a presentation about how symbols are used in that and how the use of symbols illustrates the critical approach to organizations. I chose symbols used on fanfiction sites (specifically AO3) and I have to do the presentation over Zoom tomorrow, and yes I am nervous.

Anyway, so I was working on the presentation and I got bored and started looking up Summer Wine fanfiction because I wanted to see what came up and there actually isn't very much of it out there. There are, like, 3 stories on AO3 and I can't share my favorite one here because it's super inappropriate! Lol I did find some on other sites too and they're all pretty cool. I actually found a Dr Who crossover fic that was interesting. Anyway, does anyone else think Summer Wine fanfiction should be more of a thing or am I completely unhinged? Lol I do have an idea for one that I'm going to write for my mom and if anyone is interested, I could possibly type it up and post it on AO3 and share the link here, but it'll be a while before I actually get around to doing that. But let me know what you guys think, I'm curious to see if I'm the only fanfiction nerd here! Lol

A member on here by the name of Moggie Moo has written 4 or so really good Summer Wine themed episodes. I guess it would be called fanfiction. Here is a link to the first one.

Sadly, it does not look like he has been on for a few months. I hope he returns with more writings.

Back when he posted these I had touched base with him about maybe turning these into a visual novel type deal via Ren'Py software. Maybe put in some branching pathways so you can interact with the characters. He seemed fine with that and I would still like to do it. The delay is working on other stuff as well as the need to learn Ren'Py and image editing since my drawing skills are not as good as they used to be.

Ideally I would love to recreate the Summer Wine valley and locations in something like Unity software in 3D. But I don't have the skills to do that. :frown2:

I have the beginning of an idea for a hanahaki fic, which my mom says I should write and I kind of have the beginning of it written in my head and I know how I want it to end but I don't have the middle planned yet. Basically Howard gets hanahaki disease and has to figure out if it's Pearl or Marina who doesn't love him so he can cure it before he dies, meanwhile Marina also has hanahaki disease and she knows why she has it so she's trying to cure it before she dies. But in the end they both have to go for a more extreme cure. I know it sounds crazy but I never claimed to be sane! Lol

Lol that's hilarious! I wish I could find some way to work that into my presentation, which will be happening in about an hour. Lol

Thanks! It went pretty well, I was more nervous about technical difficulties than anything else because with Zoom classes, that happens a lot, but I didn't have any. One of my classmates said it was cool that I was able to connect fanfiction to the critical approach to organizations, but honestly, I think hers was a lot cooler! Hers was about horses and the different colored ribbons they wear and what they mean, which was fun to learn about! I actually encountered a horse with a red ribbon when I was in the Christmas parade one year and I'm now very glad I didn't try to pet him because a red ribbon means the horse bites! Lol

Glad it went well.

Your mention of horses and ribbons reminded me of a video I saw some time ago. It was about the small bells riders in the medieval days would put on their horses. The speed a horse was moving (walking, galloping, etc.) would change the rhythm the bells would make. So people walking in the road ahead of the horse which may not have heard the horses hoof beats yet. Would hear the bells and know how fast the horse was going behind them so they could get out of the way. Neat trivia.

That's really cool! I use to ride horses when I was a kid even tho my mom was afraid of them. My parents had some friends who had horses and they would sometimes ride up to our house or we would go to their house and they would let me and my sister ride with them. When we got older, they would let us ride around the fields by ourselves, which mom really didn't like! Lol Interesting story, when I was born and they brought me home from the hospital, my dad's best friend really wanted to come see me, but his truck was in the shop, so he rode up on his horse instead and apparently he told my mom that he was going to have me riding that horse as soon as I was old enough to sit up, which is one of the reasons why mom doesn't particularly like him! Lol

This is totally random, but I just got my grade back for the presentation I did on fanfiction and I got a B, so I'm happy! Lol Could have had an A, but my professor thinks I didn't explain whether or not symbols in fanfiction translated outside of the fanfiction community enough. Oopsies! Lol

Back