Ten Episodes only

The mysterious feet...[Wally's finest hour]
Hail smiling morn [dialogue between the 3 was wonderful]
How Errol Flynn discovered.....[Billy's first appearance.....and general silliness]
Dried dates and Codfanglers.....[Compo's speech about his dangler and Nora's date was exceptional....Oscar winning in my humble opinion]
Look who's thrown away her Tom Cruise photos....[Barry and Smiler in drag...and Barry blowing a kiss to Marina when in the car with Howard...comedy gold]
That's not Captain Zero
Great boarding house caper
Keeping Britain Tidy [Brian Glover and our Crusher's first appearance]
Car and Garter [Wesley's first appearance...and Sid..."I'M GOING RACING !!!!!".]
A bicycle made for three...banter between the 3 whilst building their bikes....and Percy in his shop]

It's very interesting how, despite all having different tastes, and backgrounds, and so forth, many of the same episodes keep coming up in our lists. I don't know if that says something about us, or something about the show, but I'm wondering what the most frequently chosen episode will turn out to be.

1) Getting On Sidney’s Wire
2) The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper
3) Of Funerals and Fish
4) Who’s Made A Bit Of A Splash In Wales Then?
5) The Day Of The Welsh Ferret
6) Greenfingers
7) The Glory Hole
8) Forked Lightening
9) The Frozen Turkey Man
10) Whoops

Just edited my selection I avoided all specials thinking for some strange reason they were all extended but mon dieu Whoops is of course only 30 minutes so I simply had to add it to my list.

No one seems to have spotted my error, but Pate & Chips wasn't the first proper episode, that was Short Back & Palais Glide so I have to substitute it in my top 10. We really need our choices backed in Velcro the amount of chopping and changing that's going on...........

Summer Wine family, I was curious about this.

After I posted my list, I realize I forgot the legendary "Ballad for Wind Instruments and Canoe." Then I checked. I found it shocking that despite the many postes here, only Imitation700mb listed it!!!!!

I find this quite surprising.
Thanks codfanglers. It is surprising it's not listed as, I think, this is the first episode containing some physical humour, especially the pie eating competition in the cafe, (Mouth of the Century) and Clegg and Blamire droping Compo off the bridge to catch the canoe.

Last edited:
Okay, I've removed extended specials, and included Mrs JackHarry's choices to extend the number of episodes available for us both to take. i.e. we get to take 20 episodes, as two people :)

1 The Ice Cream Man Cometh
2 Beware the Vanilla Slice
3 And a Dewhirst Up A Fir Tree
4 The Secret Birthday of Norman Clegg
5 Nowhere Particular
6 Full Steam Behind
7a The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper
7b Cheering Up Gordon
8 The Black Widow
9 The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty
10 Destiny and Six Bananas

Plus:
- Passing the Earring
- The Defeat of the Stoneworm
- Jubilee
- A Tale of Two Sweaters
- Variations on a Theme of Road Rage
- Enter the Finger
- Whoops
- Captain Clutterbuck's Treasure
- Hey! Big Vendor
- Gnome and Away

Okay, I've removed extended specials, and included Mrs JackHarry's choices to extend the number of episodes available for us both to take. i.e. we get to take 20 episodes, as two people :)

1 The Ice Cream Man Cometh
2 Beware the Vanilla Slice
3 And a Dewhirst Up A Fir Tree
4 The Secret Birthday of Norman Clegg
5 Nowhere Particular
6 Full Steam Behind
7a The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper
7b Cheering Up Gordon
8 The Black Widow
9 The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty
10 Destiny and Six Bananas

Plus:
- Passing the Earring
- The Defeat of the Stoneworm
- Jubilee
- A Tale of Two Sweaters
- Variations on a Theme of Road Rage
- Enter the Finger
- Whoops
- Captain Clutterbuck's Treasure
- Hey! Big Vendor
- Gnome and Away

I see you have sneaked in an extra episode

Thanks codfanglers. It is surprising it's not listed as, I think, this is the first episode containing some physical humour, especially the pie eating competition in the cafe, (Mouth of the Century) and Clegg and Blamire droping Compo off the bridge to catch the canoe.
After I posted my list, I recalled Wind Instruments. I was like "How did I forget it?" but then I could figure out if I could possibly take any from my original list out.

Back