The Detectorists

Hello Adanor,

Do you watch Detectorists when it is on MPT in the afternoons? It only comes on once a week, unlike KUA and Summer Wine, which is aired daily. I notice its on when I am off work but never catch it. Now, according to your description, Iam much more interested in trying to watch it.

It would be interesting to hear what some folks across the pond think of it. And I wonder, it is is influenced at all by Summer Wine.

I have finally figured out the Detectorists. It's LOTSW with younger men who are unemployed and/or under employed and fill their time wandering around with metal detectors.
Is this an American TV offering - never heard of it before!

Oh no. It is a British series. I have not pinned down where it was filmed but there is a Detector Club which has about 5-7 members who are all men who like to re-experience their youthful years under the guise of looking for stuff with their metal detectors. Think of a young Foggy in "Tight Pants." Then there is the supporting cast of wives, girlfriends, and the landlord in the pub. Yes, much of the action takes place in the local pub. The pace of each episode is a little faster but it still has a LOTSW flavor.

I've not seen it , I see it stars Toby Jones who was Captain Mainwaring in the Dad's Army remake . Is it worth watching its currently not on BBC IPlayer and DVD is £17.99 to buy for both series

Not a brilliant show comedy is a bit forced and the subject rather boring also Toby Jones is not good as proved in that film.

Oh no. It is a British series. I have not pinned down where it was filmed but there is a Detector Club which has about 5-7 members who are all men who like to re-experience their youthful years under the guise of looking for stuff with their metal detectors. Think of a young Foggy in "Tight Pants." Then there is the supporting cast of wives, girlfriends, and the landlord in the pub. Yes, much of the action takes place in the local pub. The pace of each episode is a little faster but it still has a LOTSW flavor.

Thanks for that

Back