The Great Spike Milligan

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
IF you have any time spare or the capability to watch UK Gold catch up please watch Spike Milligan on the Interviews series which was on this evening . I watched it at 21:00 tonight but was laughing so much and missed so many of the jokes and chat I have it on +1 now .

Me too Happyjack. My nephew asked for a passage about "let there be light" from The Bible according to Spike Milligan to be read at his funeral :21: There was laughter among the tears!:me: ;D

One of his short poems really portrays something I think may resonate with a lot of members for the ladies please change references of "boy" to " girl" which works as well

What happened to the boy I was?
Why did he run away?
and leave me old and thinking , like
There'd been no Yesterday?

What happened then ?
Was I that boy?
Who laughed and swam in the Bund
Is there no going back?
No Recompense?
Is there nothing ?
No refund?

Me too Happyjack. My nephew asked for a passage about "let there be light" from The Bible according to Spike Milligan to be read at his funeral :21: There was laughter among the tears!:me: ;D

Thanks for bringing this book to my attention. Just ordered a second-hand copy from Amazon though note it is specifically The Old Testament. Was there a New Testament?

Thanks for bringing this book to my attention. Just ordered a second-hand copy from Amazon though note it is specifically The Old Testament. Was there a New Testament?

The copy I have Unc states " Old Testament " .I've no idea if he did a new testament or not.;)

One more little poem please forgive my indulgence

My name is Ben Fernackerpan
I walk around the town
Sometimes with my trousers up
and sometimes with them down

When they were up they were up
and when they were down I got arrested.

Back