The perfect Christmas episode

• Thread starter Thread starter gill
  • Start date Start date
G

gill

This may sound a bit obsessive but between now and Christmas we will watch CRUM'S at least once a week. I can't put my finger on it but this one to me is be the perfect Christmas episode everything is right and it put's you in a festive mood. It is my favourite. Anybody go any other favourite's?

While MERRY CHRISTMAS FATHER CHRISTMAS runs it a close second, CRUMS is my favourite too.;D

I agree that Crums is probably the best Christmas special, my second place would be Barry's Christmas

Crumbs is a great episode. Thought it hilarious when Auntie Wainwright offers the guys a glass of what they think is some Christmas cheer. Only for them to discover after swigging it back that it is castor oil. I'm also quite fond of the Christmas featurette where the guys are resisting celebrating Christmas until Compo brings 3 'orphans' by Clegg's place. That was one of the first Christmas episodes I remember watching.

Cheers,
Rick

Crums is my favorite as well. My appreciation for it grew even more when I read that it was originally written as a Foggy guest star episode.

If I had to choose my next most enjoyable, I might go with the next one after - What's Santa Brought For Nora?

Because of this thread I'v put my feet up tonight and sat and watched CRUMS,I smiled the whole way through,it was wonderful,I listened to it with the headphones on and the music was beautiful.

I think "A leg up for Christmas", followed by "The Funny Side of Christmas." It's probably just being sentimental as those two were the ones included on the first BBC video NTSC DVD I bought - "Last of the Summer Wine - Vintage 1995"

This may sound a bit obsessive but between now and Christmas we will watch CRUM'S at least once a week. I can't put my finger on it but this one to me is be the perfect Christmas episode everything is right and it put's you in a festive mood. It is my favourite. Anybody go any other favourite's?
Small tune on a penny wassail. Cracks me up everytime

Back