The Proms

The Last Night of the Proms can be quite entertaining but I've only seen small clips of it. I wouldn't want to watch the whole programme.

I am a huge fan aside from the classics I enjoy the events which are a little different , this Disco prom was excellent as was the Northern Soul prom last years which was taken on the road and I saw at the Sage [Glasshouse ] in Gateshead a few months back . I also attended a live Prom 5 at the Glasshouse Fantasy, Myths and Legends which included the music from Star Wars and Harry Potter. I have watched for years one of my favourite pieces was a few years back the big band prom the Duke vs the Count [Ellington vs Basie] and any of the John Wilson conducted ones are a must watch.

So much has changed, one thing glaringly obvious is the huge gap they placed between the prommers and the orchestra to me kills it, theyve gone too far!
The music on the other hand is still perfection, hell! I had to listen to the Fantasy on British sea songs three times, they always do good things to that. I'll add more later, still buzzing, need to come down.

I've lodged in my favorite university residence hall in London several times during the Proms, and there have always been some middle-aged and elderly people from distant areas staying there specifically to attend those concerts.

Back