Totally indistinct phrase in In Pâté and Chips

Marianna

Dedicated Member
Re-posted from the end of another thread, as the question didn't seem to attract any attention there.

At about 21 minutes, 55 seconds, just after the trio have been ejected from Cupperdyke Hall, Blamire grabs Compo by the back of his jacket and begins rushing him away from the building, saying, 'Come on, at the double. [7 or 8 indistinct syllables, the final one might be 'dead']. The script doesn't contain any dialog for that scene.

Does anyone understand that indistinct phrase?

Marianna

Thank you, Pearl!

Now that I've seen the phrase in your message, I can hear it perfectly clearly in the dialog. "Slapper's", or whatever that word is, might be a nickname for one of their school friends, and I'd guess from the context something disreputable took place in his shed.

Marianna

Thank you, Pearl!

Now that I've seen the phrase in your message, I can hear it perfectly clearly in the dialog. "Slapper's", or whatever that word is, might be a nickname for one of their school friends, and I'd guess from the context something disreputable took place in his shed.

Marianna

I think that's what sheds were for :D

I'll concur 'slappers' shed'. (I was going to say, 'I'll go along with slapper' but thought that might be misinterpreted, particularly by one individual, but I won't name her.)

I cannot help wondering if (given the earthiness of those early episodes) Blamire was using 'slappers' shed' as a euphemism for a brothel.

I'll concur 'slappers' shed'. (I was going to say, 'I'll go along with slapper' but thought that might be misinterpreted, particularly by one individual, but I won't name her.)

I cannot help wondering if (given the earthiness of those early episodes) Blamire was using 'slappers' shed' as a euphemism for a brothel.

I know who you mean Big Unc :16: Flaming woman is a nuisance.

I'm happy to go with your hypothesis on the brothel analogy and bow down to your obvious superior knowledge on the subject. :me::me:

( Thinks he can call me an ankle biter and get away with it)

I know who you mean Big Unc :16: Flaming woman is a nuisance.

I'm happy to go with your hypothesis on the brothel analogy and bow down to your obvious superior knowledge on the subject. :me::me:

( Thinks he can call me an ankle biter and get away with it)

Convinced 'pot kettle' crept in there somewhere.

:14:

Back