Uncredited cameo in "The Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti"?

Sarkus

Dedicated Member
I watched this tonight and was reminded about the uncredited guy who appears near the end while Compo is doing his number. Auntie Wainright lets the man next to her borrow her opera glasses but then expects money. He hands her a coin but she discovers it's a fake and takes the glasses back.

I feel like Ive seen the actor playing the man before and that this was an uncredited cameo. IMDB makes no mention, so who is he? Or am I wrong in thinking he looks familiar?

I know the man you mean, I've thought the same but have no idea who he is. Maybe just have one of those faces that you think looks familiar.

I've written before about this uncredited actor.
I suggested it might be Ian Wallace.

Attachments

• imagesKRHCLT1B.jpg
    imagesKRHCLT1B.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Ian Wallace

Ian Wallace was a singer, a baritone (I think he might have acted as well) - He sung "A Dark girl dressed in Blue", which was a popular comic song and also recorded a version of the Hippopotamus Song which is on Youtube, though the Flanders & Swann version is more well-known. Ian Wallace died in 2009, so he could well have been the mystery actor.

Last edited:
I've written before about this uncredited actor.
I suggested it might be Ian Wallace.

I would be very interested in others' opinions. If anything I would err on the side of not agreeing that it is Iain Wallace.

But as usual, I could be lying.

Ian Wallace was a singer, a baritone (I think he might have acted as well) - He sung "A Dark girl dressed in Blue", which was a popular comic song and also recorded a version of the Hippopotamus Song which is on Youtube, though the Flanders & Swann version is more well-known. Ian Wallace died in 2009, so he could well have been the mystery actor.

If I can get a freeze frame of the actor's face from the video, I can then put it alongside a photo of Ian Wallace and post it on here for everyone to make a judgement.
A kind of identity parade.

Back